Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know most of us are moderate to heavy racers. Some of us still stock while others have put all sorts of innovative and performance minded modifications. I got a bit of a problem though...

A mechanic guy I met told me that when you red line, the computer or something, will remember it, of sorts, and keep a log of it. Well, the last four weeks, I think I've red lined more than I have miles. Last night, errr... Second gear wouldn't catch when I shifted at my usualy point, around 5800. It jumped to 6200 and all you hear is GRIND. A really hard grind, too. Though a third gear miss is nothing unusual for me since I was more worried about racing people than how I was shifting, I felt something was wrong.

Well, I took a friend for a spin because he hadn't been in a Bullitt before (Gave rave reviews too) and I sped off and dumped it into second. Grind/in. This was the very first time it grinded hard and went in. Usually, the gear won't even take it. Whats going on? Am I doomed to have a ruined tranny????

·
Registered
543 Posts
Los, sounds like a trip to dealer for the 1 - 2 shift fork replacement with syncros. Just had my tranny done. Be prepared to wait 2 - 3 weeks for the dealer to get the parts in. Make sure they put synthetic ATF back in. My dealer used regular ATF.

John

Pro 5.0 Shifter
Densecharger CAI
Superchips Premium Fuel Chip
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
GT Fog Lights / Tinted Windows
MGW LTD Interior Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-11-18 17:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-11-18 17:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-11-18 20:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool potatoes, thanks. So my trip to Austin will not be canceled. BULLITTS IN AUSTIN! LOOK OUT! Los is comin to town!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts