Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come the realization that the 3650 sucks and that most of my problems with it are just the trans doing its normal sh*t. I'm just bored and was looking at others who had done conversions. I like the idea of the T-56 6-speed. I was just wondering what would be involved with this. I saw that it would need a new driveshaft and crossmember and such. I would just like to see how possible this is for me to do. Thanks

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
You can buy a full conversion kit that contains everything from D&D Performance. It's pretty much a plug and play conversion.

·
Registered
92 Posts
go to d&d trans, i got the viper spec t-56 tranny, kame with the k memeber and an aluminum driveshaft for about 3 grand, w went with the upgrade at the clutch but you dont have to. i did due to power, little over 500rwhp, so things were a little more, but d&d all day long.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is there anyone who has had a problem with the T-56. Anyone that has any can you let me know how you like it and if its worth it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have had no problems with it yet, seems real strong. alot of fun with the 4.10 grears in the rear. i had them put in a real wide sixth gear, works great as an overdirve on the freeway, with my setup i top out in fifth at 155ish at 6500 rpms, on a built motor with a blower. god only knows how far i could go in sixth. gives you great pull through all the gears too.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Dont go dumping money into your bullitt yet :) Let the 3650 die then buy a new one. Personally I'm going to buy a beefed up 3650 from promotion powertrain. I like the fact that I can just switch the clutch and everything else bolts in like stock. the 6 speed is nice but Id rather not go splicing wires and hammering trans tunnels.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nah im not anywhere near getting this, i was bored at work and just looking at stuff for the future and looking at what i could do if this one craps out....also i thought you guys said it would be fairly simple just put it in. what is this hammering trans tunnels and what wires

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Well you dont NEED to splice wires but, keep in mind I'm not expert on 6speed swaps, from what I understand it is advised to run a wire from the reverse lock-out solenoid to your brake switch. so you can get ito reverse easily. I have read a few posts about needing to hammer a spot in the trans tunnel alittle bit for the trans housing to fit right. Maybe some members that have done the swap can jump in and correct me. I'm sorry if I came off negative in my other post. :)

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
Black4592 said:
Dont go dumping money into your bullitt yet :) Let the 3650 die then buy a new one. Personally I'm going to buy a beefed up 3650 from promotion powertrain. I like the fact that I can just switch the clutch and everything else bolts in like stock. the 6 speed is nice but Id rather not go splicing wires and hammering trans tunnels.

What does "beefed up" mean to you? And, how much is it costing you!? Is this that carbon fiber gear thing?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
MustangMarkus said:
What does "beefed up" mean to you? And, how much is it costing you!? Is this that carbon fiber gear thing?
From what promotion says it can handel 750 HP, and it has a 26 spline input shaft. I'm guessing is has the carbon synchros but I'm not sure. that 3650 is $1650.00 a rebuilt factory unit is $1350.00, and a brand new 3650 is $2250.00

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
even though that seems all n good, i still dont think i would get another 3650 because the fact is that its still a 3650. unless they made big changes to make it overcome the many problems that the 3650 has i dont see the point.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Me personally I would go w/the beefed up 3650. I like the gearing of it and I haven't had a lick of problems w/ it. And I guarantee that no one has beat on this tranny like I have.(try some 40 to 50, 5200-5500 launches on slicks at over 500rwhp)

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
DOUBLE J said:
Me personally I would go w/the beefed up 3650. I like the gearing of it and I haven't had a lick of problems w/ it. And I guarantee that no one has beat on this tranny like I have.(try some 40 to 50, 5200-5500 launches on slicks at over 500rwhp)
Ahem..... No one?????

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well, maybe you also!!!

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Guys don't forget that Pro-Motion charged me $133.00 for a 1 - 2 shifter fork
and told me it was the latest updated item

But MST in Texas only charged me $20 dollars for the exact same item with the same part number

You get what you pay for somtimes and other times your get Overcharged. . . . . . . . !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts