Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Bullitt into the dealer today to have these things checked out. Turns out the "klunk" we hear is do to the better trans than the GT or Cobra have. I believe the dealership for two reasons:

1. My best friend as a kid is the service manager and he looked into it himself.
2. He let me take out a new Bullitt they had on the lot and it did the same thing.

They did check the torque on all bolts and they were good. Seems the trans in the Bullitt has heavier, more square gears that can produce the "klunk". They really went over it with a fine tooth comb.

Turns out the squeek from the rear was from only having 2 bolts holding the rear license plate on. Honestly! Since they put the other two bolts in there is NO squeek so for those of you out there with two bolts, I advise putting the other two in.

I can say one thing, my Bullitt has 1,100 miles on it and the new one I drove had 20. Mine feels much better. I think as it stretches a little more and breaks in it is only going to get better and that is hard to believe!

·
Registered
835 Posts
While driving today, I noticed that the engine doesn't lose RPMs while shifting like a normal car with a manual tranny. The computer must keep the RPMs at the last point where the clutch was pressed. I tried various combos of foot position and it was always the same.

Like I said in another post, I've been able to experiment with various shift points in Houston traffic. As long as I shift from 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 above 2500, it doesn't klunk. 4-5 is tough; it's got to be somewhere above 3500.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts