Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed a vibration while shifting normally between 1st and 2nd and down shifting from 2nd to first. All other gears are smooth. Shifting fast is smooth between 1 and 2.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I get a real nice grind going from 1st to 2nd for 15 mins or so until the car is warm. This is really beginning to get annoying. I have had the car to the dealer and got the old "we don't see anything wrong with it" from them. The colder it is outside the longer the car takes to warm up and the longer the grind from 1st to 2nd will last. Anyone else getting this problem?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have heard a lot of talk about rough shifting from 1st to 2nd. I noticed recently that the shifter is very sensitive from 1 to 2 and from 2 going into 3. I have had to feel is out....you can't just yank it into 2nd. It's not like I sit there and feel my way into gear on every shift though. It's something I figured out and now it's just smooth...no problems. The shifter is just a little b**** at first. I thought it was me because this is the first time I've driven a manual for day-to-day driving. I just had to get use to it.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Installing the Tri-ax solved that for me.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The whine is normal folks, it's the syncros. What I'm having is a shudder/shake through the whole car for a split second when I shift quickly between 1 and 2. If a take a couple seconds it's smooth. All other gears are smooth. This only seems to happen after the car is warm. Any thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts