Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from seeing it and all I can say is that I will probably go see it again and will definitely be buying it when it comes out on DVD. I dont have a single complaint about it. I think it is the best movie I have seen in a while. I will definitely be hoping for a sequel and expect there to be one. I dont think anyone of any age would be disappointed after seeing it.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Yup im excited. though being a transformers geek, im a little upset that only Frenzy is in it, and not rumble and the others. and that megatron is a plan and not a gun or canon. but hey it should be good.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Dewd, that movie was AWESOME! I can vouch, my club went to the 12AM showing.

"The car picks you, you don't pick the car."

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
IDK no im having mixed feelings. I just talked to my movie guy here at my job (we are both movie and comic book nuts) and he said it was good or ok, mainly because of the storyline and what not.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I thought it was pretty good, not great. All my friends loved it though. The special effects are great! The big problem (at least to me) is that they are trying to keep all ages happy, which makes absolute sense but makes some of it a little too goofy. Worth seeing though.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Matt Stachler said:
I thought it was pretty good, not great. All my friends loved it though. The special effects are great! The big problem (at least to me) is that they are trying to keep all ages happy, which makes absolute sense but makes some of it a little too goofy. Worth seeing though.
Yeah thats what im worried about when i go this weekend to see it. I grew up watching the original series so, for me the trailers allready showed flaws in the story line.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm glad they used Peter Cullen for the voice of Optimus Prime. When they changed the vehicles the characters transform into for the movie, I was a little disappointed, but having the familiar voice from the cartoon was a nice touch. The action sequences were great. My 9 year old was just as excited as I was. I still fondly remember seeing the original at the theaters in 1987. :)

One mild complaint though. When they flashed the underhood shot of Bumblebee, that sure looked like and injection set up, NOT the double pumper carb Mikaela said it had. I'll forgive that for her even looking under the hood though...

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
New GM supplied vehicles right? Your not going to get a double pumper on anything from the General nowadays if they are supplier. Just a thought. Maybe the producer doesn't know one from the other?

·
Registered
641 Posts
The "double pumper" was on the 1976 Camaro before he morphed into the new concept Camaro. The engine shot they showed was a beautiful custom cross ram injected engine with individual stacks. We may go see it again this weekend if momma gives the boys a pass. ;-)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Never had the inclination or luxury of being a 'cartoon head', but loved the movie. Take it at face value and don't dwell on the changes to story line and it's Great Entertainment! I'll see it again. Wondered leaving the theater in the '66 Stang how many other drivers were thinking of their cars in a different way. Luckily she kept all 4 on the ground and was a good girl. {-:
Later...

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
FORTE TWO-MOM said:
Never had the inclination or luxury of being a 'cartoon head', but loved the movie. Take it at face value and don't dwell on the changes to story line and it's Great Entertainment! I'll see it again. Wondered leaving the theater in the '66 Stang how many other drivers were thinking of their cars in a different way. Luckily she kept all 4 on the ground and was a good girl. {-:
Later...
yeah i've come to grips with movies not following any of the stoy lines from the old comic books and cartoons. like spider man 1,2 and 3, The hulk, and others. but hey they are good stand alone movies. ill be checking out the transformers one either tonight or tommorrow night.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I was never into the Transformer toys. I was a little too old when they came out. Plus, half the time I couldn't figure them out (like a Rubik's Cube, :lol: ) The movie shouldn't try to please everyone, in my opinion. I'll probably see it when it comes out on video, but it's a younger person-themed movie and it should stay true to that.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
i SAW it twice. Ironhide was great as the Gmc Top kick pick up. I've seen those up close and they are huge. Good choice on Prime as a 379 Peterbilt. I thought the movie was awesome, 10/10. PLus Megan Fox is hot too, so that doesn't hurt. Barricade was sweet as the S281 extreme. They were going to have the original voice of Megatron, but they say he aged too much, so Hugo Weaving's voice was altered to sound more mechanical.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
TF was awesome. I carried my 11 year old and my 5 year old and they both loved it. The beginning of the movie immediately drew me in with Prime's voice giving a little history. Great movie and certainly plan to see it again!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I have something to say about this movie so listen up..........It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks! It Rocks!

I've seen it twice from an internet download which is an awesome copy. The movie still hasn't come out over here yet. I had to get my fix some how.

On that note I'm gonna watch it again on my 61" HDTV.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Great movie-only bad special effect was the girl "hot wireing" the wrecker-pulling out 2 wires and tapping them together predate the original Transformers cartoon. Both of my kids had a great time and spent the rest of the afternoon discussing the film

1 - 20 of 27 Posts