Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I recently read havgun's post on the loose transmission bolts and I thought to myself "That must be what is wrong with my car." because the shifting has been noisy and not smooth at all.

So I took my car into the local Ford dealership and told them the symptoms. Only one of the five guys that was working in the service department had even heard of the Bullitt, that made me more than a little nervous. One of them drove it and said that it definitely did not feel right.

I left it there for a couple of hours and when I picked it up they said that I was just hearing "Gear Rollover", which is a normal characteristic of a high performance car like the Bullitt. Just a couple of hours earlier he had never heard of one, now he's the expert.

Anyways, I got into my car and noticed it had ten more miles on it from when I dropped it off, my wife had to literally beg me not to go back in. I started the car and once I was a few blocks away realized that they had fixed the problem and lied about it. The thing was shifting as smooth as one could hope and there was no noise either. I will never go back to that dealership again. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kirkbrant on 2001-10-20 19:09 ]</font>

·
Registered
139 Posts
No I've never had an experience like that, but if all I had to give up was a couple of hours and 10 miles to get my tranny to shift like that, I would do it in a second whether they were telling me the truth or not. At the very least your ride is fixed. There are a number of people on this site who have left their cars with the dealership for a week or more including myself and had little or nothing to show for it in the end.
I would not care what my Mech. told me as long as he or she fixes my car.
I'm glad it all worked out for you and I would consider yourself lucky that a couple of hours and ten miles was your cost.
Take it easy
Aaron

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I see that you do have a point, I would be a lot more dissapointed if they didn't do anything to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts