Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bullitt will be getting her first tranny fluid change and wondered what the opinions out there were regarding either Amzoil or Mobil 1 synthetic ATF. I will be using one of these as they are readliy available locally. Any real difference one way or another? And what would the recommendation be on the Lucas Trans Fix additive, worthwhile or not? Thanks for your feedback.

·
Car Whisperer
21,575 Posts
I have tried:

Valvoline, didn't help
Redline, made it worse
Mobil 1, better
Mobil 1 plus the Lucas, no better than just the Mobil 1

Next up to bat: Amsoil

Still waiting to find the magic elixir for these trannys (if there is one as even the TSB's that are done often doesn't help or makes it worse).

I have to say what has already been said a thousand times, the Tremec 3650 is garbage and still is even in the newer cars.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
sganow said:
I like Mobil 1 and it's readily available.
totally agreed

good price, always available anywhere in the US, good oil
can't go wrong :)

I have 50k miles on Mobil1. Not sure what was in there before....

·
Car Whisperer
21,575 Posts
Frankenstang said:
I have tried:

Valvoline, didn't help
Redline, made it worse
Mobil 1, better
Mobil 1 plus the Lucas, no better than just the Mobil 1

Next up to bat: Amsoil

Still waiting to find the magic elixir for these trannys (if there is one as even the TSB's that are done often doesn't help or makes it worse).

I have to say what has already been said a thousand times, the Tremec 3650 is garbage and still is even in the newer cars.
oh, I forgot, I also tried Royal Purple...didn't help either.

Gee, pretty soon, if I hadn't spent so much on tranny fluid, coulda gotten a different tranny instead lol.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Initial drive with Mobil 1 trans fluid

Put in exactly 3 litres or 105oz. of Mobil 1 through the top of the tranny. Initial impressions are positive. Already noticed shifting is smoother in all gears. Previous posts have indicated the full benefits might not appear until a few hundred miles are racked up. We have had our first frost here this week, so will get a chance to try it out in some cool weather before putting :dhg01: away for the winter in November. Hopefully trans won't suffer from some two dollar part failing as happened to English Bob when the cheap plastic bit fell off the shifter fork.:doubt:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I like mobil one. I will be using their oil for my first change and a K&N filter..
I will also be using it in the rear end with necessary additive.
For the transmission I topped it off with Engeering Associates lubrication. The lubrication isn't cheap but then again i expect this car to surpasss my 1991 Explorer with over 200,000 miles on it.
Have a blessed day, galloway 3374

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
JediBullitt said:
I always notice pple sayin they dont like our tranny's. why? i have had no problems and neither does my friend who also has a bullitt. Just curious?
good amount of folks have transmission problems

I think some of them are just people that don't drive them hard enough though :D lol

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ezekial said:
good amount of folks have transmission problems

I think some of them are just people that don't drive them hard enough though :D lol
lol i take my car to track almost every week, make sure i go sideways when its rainy and race anyone whos down and my cars still kickn just fine :badgrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.