Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st gear syncro went out Saturday. Now grinds when going into first. Anyone else with simular problem. #00148 with just over 5000 miles.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Other than a little noisy,everything fine so far. Wonder why 1st gear went out? You would think 2nd and 3rd would get the most abuse.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
#5508 grinds between 1 and 2 also. Kinda scared to get on it to hard since this stock shifter seems to be junk. And 5508 is only a week old!

·
Registered
255 Posts
H1resq: you and I seem to be having the same problem with the tranny. I get the 1-2 grind every time until the car warms up and then it usually goes away. I took my car to the dealer and he said he didnt have a problem with it so i took him for a drive and i got it to grind easily the first time out. He told me to leave it with him and hed have the mechanic take "another look" but i told him to forget it because hed just keep the car another day just to tell me that its normal and that he found nothing wrong. Im gonna take it to a bigger dealer here in about 2 weeks to have some of the fit and finish things repaired and have them check the tranny for whats causing this grind. Let me know if you find out anything and ill do the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts