Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys im finally doing my TT install and am trying to figure out how much boost to run. If I run the originally intended 16psi I should be throwing over 650rwhp however I know the transmission wont put up to such abuse. I dont plan on putting slicks on it and dumping it at 4 grand until I get the proper equipment. However do you guys think ill be safe running so much power for awhile if it gets tromped on only from a roll? And if you think this is a bad idea I should be safe running around 450-500rwhp till I get a new transmission correct? Basically I'm curious to see how far anyones pushed their 3650 and if you guys have any input on the matter?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Wish I knew why my 3650 is now making a new noise after those few hard launches,at only 3500 RPM and with a stock engine?

·
Premium Member
12,040 Posts
Mus408 said:
Wish I knew why my 3650 is now making a new noise after those few hard launches,at only 3500 RPM and with a stock engine?
Did you ever get the TSB done Larry? If so maybe it's something relatively simple like a bearing or something........ although I beleive you said it sounds like a gear whine no?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
More like a bearing maybe. Not loud like a gear. That is what D&D thinks also.
Never had the TSB done,since the trans has shifted smoothe,after a warm up.
It still shifts great,just that faint character whine!
My budget,what little there is,is going to refresh my 85 LX,with a new clutch setup plus an engine refresh...like a 408 stroker kit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts