Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my tri-ax the other day and was expecting some more noise out of the tranny. Everything I had read led me to believe I would really be able to hear a difference, but I don’t. Anyone else not notice a noise increase? Them years are really sneaking up on me, now I'm going deaf.
Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
It doesn't bother me either. It may have a little buzz to it, but who cares :smile:

Yours is about as close to my number as I have seen. Mine is 2936.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey guys,

I have seen other posts on the Tri - ax shifter and was curious about the benifit to changing it. Shorter shift through? The stock shifter is not to bad, but I have not tried the Tri - ax and would be interested in what you like or don't like about it.

Thanks

Bud

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Besides having a shorter throw than the stock shifter the Tri-Ax also gives you ajustable positive stops in your shifter travel.. Meaning that there are set screw (bolt) adjustments that you set that prevent the shifter from travelling to far forward and backward saving your shift forks from unnecessary wear and tear. This is a known weak point in these tranny's anyhow.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Thanks Blackwing. That was what I wanted to know :wink:

Bud

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
the stops give you GREAT insurance if you drive and shift HARD!!!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
i love the tri-ax ... i installed mine about one week ago and love it already... i did put a piece of rubber between the shifter arma nd the actual shifter like many people and it cut down almost all the buzzing. what i like about it is the fact that u can feel the gears meshing, and the throw is almost half of the stock shifter... and u cant miss third! takes some getting used to.. but its a real race car feel... love it!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Iam going with the pro 5.o shifter, much stonger shifter but dose not seem to be the shifter of choice in the bullitt club.I will use a hurst stick with t-handel.You cant brake a pro 50 or a hurst stick!!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Big dog - My friend had 87 LX and he actually broke the handle right off of a Hurst stick during a hard shift - that was back in 92 though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I hope that dosent happen to me!! Ihad one in my boss 302 and i was younger and stronger then and i could not break it and iam sure i tried. I guess i still live in the past. I had a pro5.0 in my 95 cobra and the shifter was very strong then i added a hurst stick and i could not tear it up!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Big Dog, I had a Tri-Ax but I am now have a Pro 5 with a MGW handle. This is a very sweet combination. On the Pro 5 TR 3650 the shifter handle mounts on the right side of the shifter per Joe at Pro 5.

John

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm looking for a Steeda Triax Shifter. Is the one on sale at Fordspeed.com #ST555-7351 for 1983-2000 Mustangs the one for the 01 Bullitt? I saw nothin for 01's there. Thanks for the help. Chip

·
Registered
78 Posts
No the Steeda part number you want is 555-7363. Make sure it states that it is for the Tremec-3650 tranny.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts