Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lok N Lod,I dont know you,but I feel for you.Sorry for your loss.I never had a signature on my Post,but now I do.I hope you dont mind.

Reload,a cartridge is spent,but a Bullitt never dies.

·
Registered
716 Posts
OK...tell us the story. What happened to Lok N Load?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Do a search on this subject: "Aren't you supposed to shoot a horse with a broken leg?"

Basically what happened is Lok'n Load's Bullitt has bitten the bullet....

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well everyone, I haven't gotten any numbers yet but I have some good news. I took the car to one of my families OLDEST friends....who just happens to own a body shop. He is gonna fix the car for me at cost of parts. He also said he had NO idea how the other body shop gave me an estimate in less than 24 hours because the parts aren't listed yet...so I am waiting on a reply from him. He says the unibody isn't hurt and it should be back on it's feet no problem. It's not dead yet. I really appreciate the support from all the people here. I've gotten to the point where it doesn't matter how much it is. I want the car back.....I don't think I have EVER liked a car as much as this one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
In my opinion for what it's worth, I think you made the right decision ! Good luck in the resurection of Bullitt 929 !

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Yeeeeees, that was my vote put it back together. PLUS you got a family friend in the Business......
Here comes the good news.
Since it has kind of lost its virginity so to speak you can do whatever you want without any remorse of should, I do this or that to a Bullitt?
JUST DO IT.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Hey Lok,

Look at it this way, you'll be the first one of us to do a full restoration on a Bullitt. You are way ahead of your time Dude.

Take some pics so we'll know what to do in 20 years.

Seriously, I'm so glad you can repair it. It is the best thing to do.

Best of luck and post some pics as the resto progresses.

Bullitt220

·
Registered
360 Posts
Lok,

I'm so glad you can fix your car!! Hope it won't be TOO expensive. Didn't the other guy quote you something like $9K? BTW, we missed you today in Milwaukee. Maybe next year your car will be fixed and we'll get all 3 colors together.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well I am gonna call the guy on Tuesday and hopefully he will have some numbers for me by then. At the same time I am gonna ask him to remove the scoop on the hood and paint the GT badges to match the car. I am also going to ask if he can install my aluminum driveshaft and my 3.73 gears while he is doing all the rest of this. The project will be about 300 miles from me so unfortunately I won't be able to take day by day progress pics....but I will get some before and after and take note of any flaws. Once again thanks for all the support here. Like I said....doesn't matter what it costs any more I want THIS car back. Don't want another one and I don't want anything else. And I REALLY miss that car when driving this friggin Civic Del Sol around......I pray that none of my fellow Bullittheads from the area see me in the rice rocket.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Lok,

You probably won't want to remove the hoodscoop unless you want the look of the '99-'00 GT and '99-'01 LX hood. Basically the Bullitt/GT hood today has holes in it for the hood scoop attachment and underneath the scoop is the recessed area for the honeycomb screen. Personally I would suggest a '99-'01 Cobra hood. It's understated and looks closer to the '68 hood anyway. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lok, another license plate suggestion for your restoration...

"929 5602"

Assuming 5601 really is the last production Bullitt....

Just thought of that and thought I would mention it. :smile:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Lok, great outcome. You should not remove the scoop from the hood. If you must then have your body shop family friend just paint another hood from a wreck or a fiberglass hood from www.stangparts.com . Put the orignal hood in your attic. Good luck.

John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts