Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all #2037 is back in OHIO from my BLAST TO THE COAST.My baby ran FLAWLESS.The trip and the cruise in california added 5,865 miles to my odmeter,and every mile was worth it.I let my 19 year old son drive the BULLITT with my daughter also in the car ,and he took right to it.As we made the cloverleaf from the Ventura freeway to the Glendale fwy rt 2 my son Tony felt good enough about the feel of the car that he took the darn transition at 85 mph.Most other cars would have lost a family but the BULLITT took it smart and in style.I did have to give him a lesson on how handling charistics change with people(weight)in the car.Dont go in so hot with a load.The weather was great and the Bullitt realy liked the open road during the trip.Someone said on this site 90 mph is the "sweetspot"and that is right on . My second day was my long one, but I clocked 965 miles in 13 hours.
Flying low.Had to air it out in New Mexico.Ran it up to 125 mph.Not a car around for miles.It had plenty left to boot.I lifted mostly because I got scared, not because the car was unstable.Had one close call in the Texas Panhandle.My policy to avoid a tix was to follow the rabbit back .25 mile.Two CA.plates fly by me doing about 100mph .I hang back pacing for about 30 minutes at 100 also.Up in the center there he is JOHN LAW.The 2 CA drivers were going so fast that they hit their brakes after they PASSED him.I stab my brakes entering radar range.Guess what , Instead of running the leaders down he comes out of the turf after me.Paced me for about 2 miles and then pealed off an exit.As I pulled my heart out of my throat the lead boys were long gone. This machine is truly G>T>(grand touring)With 11,500 miles #2037 I must me one of the higher odometer numbers,and best of all not one single problem.Guess I got a real good one.Got to go .Time to change the oil again........RICK

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 68 RETRO #2037 on 2002-01-03 14:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
466 Posts
Retro, I just have one question for you; How do you drive your Bullitt in Ohio? For good, or bad, the avg. highway speed here in AL is about 85. I was up your way traveling to Cleveland to see my wife's family and have never seen so many troopers and everbody is within 5 mph of the posted limit. Luckily, I was in a rental because I certainly would have gotten nailed in the Bullitt.

BTW, I think I was the one that posted the phrase about 90 being the "sweet spot".

Glad you had a safe trip.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: crs2879 on 2002-01-03 14:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep It suc*s with all these troopers out here.It really keeps a limit on me , I can almost spit. Usually 75 in a 65 is ok, but I follow fast trucks who have c.b. radios.I need a cb myself.The truckers will always tell you where they are.But I need to listen to my cd player also.I wish the fuzz would lighten up here.F>Y>I> I still have a 87 gt and only one speed tix. since 93 in Ohio..RICK

·
Registered
156 Posts
That explains everything Retro. I had always heard troopers ran pretty thick over there. I now understand why Ohio drivers never drive above the speed limit here in Indiana. All the Indiana troopers must work in Ohio though, cause I rarely see any on I-70. So for all you Ohio drivers out there going through Indiana...Its okay to go a little over the limit. We dont have the death penalty for speeding here. :-B

I agree completely with the 90mph sweet spot. Feels incredible.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
You guys are ALMOST making me home sick.
I've been in CA for a VERY long time, but I was born a Buckeye, and raised a Hoosier!
What I would give to go back in time, BUT TAKE THE MACH AND THE BULLITT WITH ME, and show off my Mustangs to all my high school buddies. I could show them a thing or two!!!
But, I'm not willing to give up the salary or the weather! Oh yeah, and the husband & kids are pretty rooted to this state too!
:smile: :wink:

p.s. gotta agree with the 90mph sweet spot!

True Blue #3062

73 Grande (RIP)
67 Coupe (RIP)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 6treva9 on 2002-01-03 17:24 ]</font>

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know about how hard it is to leave that nice weather on the coast, but i really enjoj the cost of living in central ohio.Speeding tickets are also less than CA.Got one in 93 at night on interstate 71 half way between Columbus and Cleveland. I was doing 83 in a 65 in my 87 GT and it only cost $35..RICK

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
6treva9,

Know what you mean about the weather. It's perfect. Having grown up on the Central Coast in CA, I had no idea how spoiled I was. I am so homesick for the beaches, the mountains, the sunshine, lack of humidity, etc. My dream is to take my Bullitt back home and drive her along the PCH. It doesn't get any better than that!

-Christine-

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
$35.00?!? Dang! That's nice. In BC, the cops have NOTHING better to do than to catch speeders. The government has NOTHING better to do than to come up with other expensive ways of catching them (or should I say, us :grin: ). Thus, the use of photo radar (now obselete due to funding), and Camaro SS's on the freeway. The worst part is, the #1 freeway (the main one) is usually straighter and more clear than a highway in the middle of nowhere. And the limit?? 100 kmh. Yes! It frustrates me to no end when I visit BC after being in CA where I can freely cruise the freeways at 80 mph with no hassle. I got one ticket in BC for going 75 mph. I was the only car on an open freeway for at least 3/4 mile in both directions. My ticket price?? $173.00. Forget that sh**!! (Can you tell I'm bitter?) :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.