Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help here. About a year ago I bought a 99 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cad long bed V-10. The truck had 20k miles and was in great shape and couldnt pass up a deal, I was replaceing my tired old chevy truck that would haul my 2000 lb camper when I go camping, was also tired of being passed by motorhomes and wanted something with power and torque, this truck has it! The problem here is when I drive my truck unloaded which is 90% of the time, on the freeways where the expansion joints are this truck bounces the crap out of you big time. I replaced shocks and checked out everything. went to Dodge and there only answer is that is the nature of the Beast! and put something with weight in the back (sandbags,concrete) Thought this was a lame answer and no solution to my problem. But this does go away with weight loading the springs.

So With all the wealth of knowledge out here in Bullittland does any one have soution or a fix?
The one thing that I thought of was a leafspring clamp clamping the overload down ?? thus loading the spring ? Would this work or cause other problems...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey SB.... I was a Ford tech for many years. The crew cab long bed trucks do have that freeway bounce. The length of the truck is just about right on with those freeway expansion joints to cause the bounce. Other than having a load in the bed, as you mentioned, there isn't much you can do. Sorry!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts