Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellow bullittheads, the moment of truth is here. I am able to choose between a True Blue and DHG Bullitt, both of which are on the lot. Although I like the DHG color very much, I like the True Blue color more when you actually look at both cars side by side. Should I go with the color I like marginally more or go with the DHG which people are saying will make the car more collectible. Please respond as I have to make my choice pronto.

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
What "YOU" want is more important than anything else. As far as collectability.. Unless you're planning on keeping your car hermetically sealed in a bubble the collectability differences between the 2 won't amount to squat. Go with whichever car YOU want to drive around in. It's your baby.. Not anyone elses. In the end you have to be the one that's happy with it. Get what you want to get and you won't be dissapointed later.

Welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I say get whatever you will be happiest with in the long run. I wouldn't even think about collectability, The reality is if they become collectors items that won't be for 10-20 years.

Eric

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, NY, IMHO owning a Bullitt is all about fun. Get what you like. I doubt the blue or black Bullits will be "less collectable". Maybe even more collectable since they're rarer. Whichever you get, get out of NYC and open her up and have some FUN :grin:

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-03 22:28, Bullittgirl wrote:
Well, NY, IMHO owning a Bullitt is all about fun. Get what you like. I doubt the blue or black Bullits will be "less collectable". Maybe even more collectable since they're rarer. Whichever you get, get out of NYC and open her up and have some FUN :grin:

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm glad this topic has come up!!

When you RESTORE or BUY a car. Do what you want and like! Don't RESTORE or BUY a car for the next person that may owner your car.

I see so many people restoring and buying cars just to look at in there garage.(SCREW IT!!) Get out and drive! Have fun! Don't worry about the person that may buy your car in the future!!

Buy the color you like! Or you will regret IT!! Good Luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was this close >< to getting a black one, because pretty much you cannot beat a black car when it is all cleaned up. At the time I had not seen a Bullitt in person. I found a DHG one on a lot and stared at it for 30 minutes. It was parked next to a GT so I could notice all the differences. At some point it just clicked with me that the green just felt right and I was in awe of the car. Given all the Mustang color choices, I don't think green would be near the top, but it's different with the Bullitt. The messages on these boards have made me realize that everyone loves Bullitts, regardless of color. It's more important to GET ONE before they are gone.

If both cars are there on the lot, go stare at them until one flinches. Then buy the other one.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
pick what gets your blood going. I think that the trublue may be worth more, given that only 5% are this color. who knows, i just hope the car is around that long to even know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Buy what you like and don't worry about collectibility for about 20 years. Drive the wheels off of her and smile every time you turn the key. That's why these cars were built - to be enjoyed and driven. Mine's black and I don't regret my decision at all. She may not be true to the original in color, but she's still a Bullitt!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I read a book a few years ago entitled "All Corvettes are Red." Great book about the political red tape within GM and how it affected Dave Hill's ability to get the C5 Corvette to market. I highly recommend it to any gear head out there. Anyway, many sports cars have traditionally been red (i.e. Corvette and Ferrari come to mind).

I owned a 1968 Pontiac GTO for 9 years and am a big fan of all GTO's. When the GTO Judge debuted in 1969, the first few thousand were painted Carousel Red (almost orange like Performance Red). Not my favorite color, and better colors came later, but when most of us GTO fans think of the Judge, Carousel Red is the first image that comes to mind.

Fast forward to the Bullitt's. When I think of the movie Bullitt, first thing I think of is the green Mustang and black Charger. (Plus, the light blue 1968 GTO that gets passed a million times from different camera angles going down the hills during the chase scene is the same color as my 1968 GTO). My point is, I just don't understand why Ford offered True Blue. Green makes the most sense, and maybe black as homage to the Charger? But, blue? I don't get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Five Oh B on 2001-08-04 02:50 ]</font>

·
Registered
351 Posts
Had the same problem when I ordered my bullitt#569. Saw the DHG bullitt at the annual new car show, and was highly impressed, to say the least. However when placing my order, I could not compare colors in person, so I played it safe and ordered a black bullitt. Now, when I look back I realize, black, blue, or dark highland green, do notmake any difference. When you fire up abullitt, regardless of color, something comes alive in you ,and you live for the moment, so my advice to you is, make achoice based on your personal preference, whichever one you choose, you will more than happy!!! Welcome N.Y. Stock boy, To The Bullitt Club and may the spirit of Lt. Frank Bullitt be with you.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Go with the color you like. Being a fan of the movie,DHG was my choice. It does turn almost black as the sun sets though! As far as collectability,I don't think the color will matter that much,mostly it is the choice of avai;able options on the car,which we didn't have many of.

·
Registered
152 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-08-04 09:23, northern bullitt wrote:
Had the same problem when I ordered my bullitt#569. Saw the DHG bullitt at the annual new car show, and was highly impressed, to say the least. However when placing my order, I could not compare colors in person, so I played it safe and ordered a black bullitt. Now, when I look back I realize, black, blue, or dark highland green, do notmake any difference. When you fire up abullitt, regardless of color, something comes alive in you ,and you live for the moment, so my advice to you is, make achoice based on your personal preference, whichever one you choose, you will more than happy!!! Welcome N.Y. Stock boy, To The Bullitt Club and may the spirit of Lt. Frank Bullitt be with you.

couldnt have been said any better!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
No regrets whatsoever on getting True Blue. I drove a green 94 GT before the Bullitt. It was time for a color change. I get compliments on the shade of blue all the time. Go for it!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The best place to see the Bullitt is from the driver's seat, shifting into 3rd with a chirp... and you really don't see too much paint from there.

Get whatever floats your boat... all the collectable Bullitts are already warehoused.

·
Registered
586 Posts
DHG is as unique as the Bullitt itself. Personally, I appreciate that exclusive color. DHG is an exceptionally beautiful green. It is not 'candy'-like. Nor is it muddy. It's classy and the metallics are obvious when you move in on it. And the warm grey wheels are perfect for DHG, they're too warm for almost any other 2001. I remember many dark green cars from the muscle era. It's a purposeful, get-the-job-done color that does not demand attention. Let's face it, the original Bullitt was a very serious car. I hope you don't mind, but I felt someone should stand up here.

·
Registered
280 Posts
If Daimler Chrysler ever does a feature car Charger (assuming it ever gets to production) and they do a Dukes Of Hazzard edition, I wonder if the orange color will be offered alongside black and blue and whatever other colors the General Lee wasn't? And in addition to a Confederate flag on the roof, they'll offer a United States flag, British flag, and Mexican flag to broaden its appeal?

And next year, Ford will offer a Starsky and Hutch Taurus Torino edition. You can get it painted red with the big white stripe going over the roof and pointed forward toward the front. But, you'll also be able to get Spruce Green with a silver stripe, or Huggy Bear Blue with a Harlem Goldchain stripe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for your insightful comments regarding which color to purchase, DHG or True Blue. I've test driven the True Blue and it was smooth and powerful. I will test drive the DHG Monday and if it is as good, I will then make a decision on the spot. I will post which car I purchased and then LETS ROCK AND ROLL. Again, thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I also get a lot of positive comments on the True Blue. Lots of Stangers like it, too. As to why I bought it, simple. Neither my fiance or I liked DHG much & we both loved True Blue. Basically, it's your car & if you prefer one color over another, go with it. Had Ford not offered True Blue, I'm not so sure I would've bought a Bullitt. At least not brand new; I might've waited a year or two for depreciation to set in.

·
Registered
360 Posts
On 2001-08-06 11:25, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>At least not brand new; I might've waited a year or two for depreciation to set in.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe there won't be much depreciation?

http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1161=16

That's what I told hubby when I was convincing him to let me buy #2832. Now that we've had her for 16 days, no one cares anymore. We're having too much fun with her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts