Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
VERY NICE!

Just within the past couple of hours I was thinking of posting to ask for a wide angle interior shot of any aluminum bits that people might have. I've been having a hard time picturing some of them. You have every one I was considering, plus some! Great pics, and nice looking car.

A few Q's:

What is just to the very right of the steering column in the pic that is from the passenger side?

How do you get the red lit dash? I think I would like that very much! Particularly if it is the sort of old-car 70's orangeish red I am picturing in my head. Is the whole thing red-able? (instrument cluster, all lights, 460 head unit) Can it easily be reverted back to stock?

How about the de-reflectored headlights? Is this a reversible mod? That looks very good!

Is that a 35th Ann bezel, or some aftermarket bezel?

Thanks, and great touches!

Joe

·
Registered
269 Posts
TrueBlueBullitt,

VERY NICE!!!! I also have a few questions:

1. where did you get the wheels? Did the rear require a spacer?

2. who makes your interior pieces?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
937 Posts
TruBullittBlue,
What was used to color the Mustang on the steering wheel.?
How were the tail lights tinted..??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: magnum347 on 2001-09-25 10:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: magnum347 on 2001-09-25 18:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Very nice interior mods! :cool: Is that aluminum colored paint you used on the door lock, window and cruise control buttons?

Found out those pieces are all aluminum :cool: You should'a set me straight!

Hankster, DHG No. 2634

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hblattel on 2001-09-25 23:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-25 06:26, DHG-1934 wrote:
VERY NICE!

A few Q's:

What is just to the very right of the steering column in the pic that is from the passenger side?

How do you get the red lit dash? I think I would like that very much! Particularly if it is the sort of old-car 70's orangeish red I am picturing in my head. Is the whole thing red-able? (instrument cluster, all lights, 460 head unit) Can it easily be reverted back to stock?

How about the de-reflectored headlights? Is this a reversible mod? That looks very good!

Is that a 35th Ann bezel, or some aftermarket bezel?

Thanks, and great touches!

Joe</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Laser Guided Missile Control Panel. No...just an air freshner that looked cool with everything.

Red clear plastic sheets bought at Art & Craft store. Simply removed panels and replaced green plastic.

Headlight deflectors were removed. Take a look at Mustangweekly.com, they tell you how to do it. I suppose you could always put it back on, but why?

The bezel I painted with metallic paint. I bought the 35th anniversary bezel and just hated it because it wasn't metallic at all and didn't match with the aluminum pieces. Don't buy it unless you're going to paint it metallic.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-25 06:44, mjchip wrote:
TrueBlueBullitt,

VERY NICE!!!! I also have a few questions:

1. where did you get the wheels? Did the rear require a spacer?

2. who makes your interior pieces?

Thanks,

Mark

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

1. Performance Wheel Outlet. Ad is in the Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Magazines.

2. Alum Pieces... http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang.html
and
http://store.yahoo.com/mustangweekly/performance-parts--inc-.html

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On 2001-09-25 10:11, magnum347 wrote:
McQueen,
What was used to color the Mustang on the steering wheel.?
How were the tail lights tinted..??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: magnum347 on 2001-09-25 10:13 ]</font>

1. I'm not McQueen, he's a nice guy, but I'm not him.
2. Plastic/Vinyl Primer and Metallic Paint done w/ small paintbrush.
3. Light Tinting Paint.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Very nice pictures. A couple of questions though:
What paint did you use to do the pony on the steering wheel? The brand and where you got it would be helpfull.
Where did you get the window and door lock buttons? The only ones that I have seen are chrome, and yours don't look as shiny, a better match with the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Great looking car. But I don't see the red lit dash. And what is different on the wheels? I noticed that the center caps have changed. I've been thinking of getting the aluminum pieces, now I wil be getting them.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On 2001-09-25 15:03, Green Pony wrote:
Great looking car. But I don't see the red lit dash. And what is different on the wheels? I noticed that the center caps have changed. I've been thinking of getting the aluminum pieces, now I wil be getting them.

It's day time so you wouldn't see the redlit dash. Even if it were night, I don't think the camera with a flash would pick it up either.

Center caps came with the wheels from Performance Wheel Outlet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On 2001-09-25 14:39, runningforyou wrote:
Very nice pictures. A couple of questions though:
What paint did you use to do the pony on the steering wheel? The brand and where you got it would be helpfull.
Where did you get the window and door lock buttons? The only ones that I have seen are chrome, and yours don't look as shiny, a better match with the rest of the interior.

Plasticote paint, Metallic.

Aluminum door lock buttons are a more polished brushed aluminum, but still blends. All brushed aluminum parts have variations.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Sorry man... :smile: I edited my mistake. Duhh

Very cool looking mods though. I'm gonna do the same a little at a time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2001-09-25 18:51, magnum347 wrote:
Sorry man... :smile: I edited my mistake. Duhh

Very cool looking mods though. I'm gonna do the same a little at a time.

No worries brother. I wasn't offended. Love your pic. What kinda helicopter is that? I assume you're in the military, are you leaving to defend this great country?

·
Registered
937 Posts
That is a UH-60L Blackhawk helicopter made by Sikorsky. Awesome aircraft... it's the Army's replacement for the old Huey UH-1H.
I have been on active duty for 17yrs working on helicopters. All I want to do now is to do my part when the time comes... and go kick OBL ass and all who look up to him.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On 2001-09-26 15:23, magnum347 wrote:
That is a UH-60L Blackhawk helicopter made by Sikorsky. Awesome aircraft... it's the Army's replacement for the old Huey UH-1H.
I have been on active duty for 17yrs working on helicopters. All I want to do now is to do my part when the time comes... and go kick OBL ass and all who look up to him.

From your lips to God's ears. Peace.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
[/quote]
The bezel I painted with metallic paint. I bought the 35th anniversary bezel and just hated it because it wasn't metallic at all and didn't match with the aluminum pieces. Don't buy it unless you're going to paint it metallic.
[/quote]
Did you buy the bezel without a cover or remove the cover? I've read that the clear cover is fused to the bezel.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had to saw it off. It was a real @#(%. When I replaced it back in the dash, I didn't reglue it. I simply put it back into place as two seperate pieces. Once you screw in the final dash piece, it holds both the lens and the newly painted bezel nice and snug. I did this in case I wanted to change the color in the future.

FOR MORE PICS...
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=2302&forum=10&14

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBullittBlue on 2001-10-15 17:54 ]</font>

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:cool: Just became a MEGA BULLITTHEAD!!! :cool:

Singing,"Just a good ole boy, never meaning no harm, beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law since the day he was born."

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!
:-B

FOR MORE PICS...
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=2302&forum=10&14

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBullittBlue on 2001-10-15 17:53 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 33 Posts