Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I going blind or is there a distinct size difference between the gaps in the rear of the vehicle at the trunk. I have looked at 2 Bullitts and the driver side gap is much narrower than the passenger side. Also the left tail light seems to be canted to one side. All You Bullitt fans if u could give me some feedback it would be great Thanx in advance PS: I dont want to get it fixed if its gonna just make it worse!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
HavGun: It seems like just about everyone has some sort of factory problems-mostly minor. I, for instance, have several gaps all over the car! We are just going to live with them as they are minor. And besides, Ford says we are being too picky now! We have a gap in the dash & a gap in the C-pillar on one side. Will check out the trunk when hubby gets home with it. I am sure we would have noticed that one by now if we had it. Seems like 98% of our factory problems are on the passenger side, too.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
my trunk and taillights are fine.
one of my headlights however is canted/cocked a little to 1 side while the other is just fine. just adding it to the "list" and will get them all taken care of in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes!

My drivers side rear tailight is slightly canted downward at the inside portion of the light.

Must have been someone with a crooked eye that day.

Paul G.

·
Registered
225 Posts
While you are at your dealer, check out the other mustangs on his lot, you will see that the gaps you have seems to be on all of them.Their QA people must all have non-plumed eyeballs, or the jig for hole location is not aligned correctly.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Bullittheads, heres the final answer on the trunk allignment Took it to the dealer and they were able to reposition both tailights to give me equal spacing on the decklid at least within the 5mm +/- 2mm tolerance allowed by Ford. Thanx Havgun
#1676 1065 miles and counting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2001-06-29 11:47 ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts