Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of ya'll (Texas) have a problem with water getting in the trunk when you use a high pressure water hose to wash your Bullitts? I took mine to the dealership and was told by the servicewriter that it was normal on a mustang if you sprayed it in a certain direction at the trunk.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
No problems with leaking water into the Bullitt at all.
I've washed it more times than anything else I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
no issues, and I use a pressure washer too. My '06 GT's trunk would leak when I used one though, the dealer replaced something or other - the top seal I think, then no problems. Saying all this to say I don't think it's normal.

·
Registered
47 Posts
FYI for all new Mustang owners....If you look at how the water drains from around the trunk lid, it flows down behind the tail lamp housings. I noticed this when I put sequential turn siganls on my 08' Bullitt and my 05" GT. Make sure your bulb sockets are tight and secure to avoid water getting into them.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Follow up! The leak was coming from the wire harness for the trunk light. When the trunk was closed it would get caught in the gaskit enough so it wouldn't seal tight. they taped it up to make it more stiff & anchored the harness to another location on the trunk deck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.