Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked in the owners manual and inside the car but it's finally start to dawn on me that there is no way to open the trunk from inside the car without the remote.

Is this so? Am I missing a button in the glove box or console bin? Or somewhere down by the seat?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Roland said:
I've looked in the owners manual and inside the car but it's finally start to dawn on me that there is no way to open the trunk from inside the car without the remote.

Is this so? Am I missing a button in the glove box or console bin? Or somewhere down by the seat?
Roland

Nope, you're not missing a thing. The 2010 has the trunk release button - but not ours.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Dodging Bullitt said:
Roland

Nope, you're not missing a thing. The 2010 has the trunk release button - but not ours.
Ford must have read our gripes. :lol:

I don't always have my key remote with me but sometimes need to get stuff out of the trunk from the day before. So I went to Ford and had a regular key made (cheap since it won't start the car because of 'passive security' but it opens the door and trunk) that I keep in my work clothes. That way when I'm out doing ranch chores I can at least open the dang trunk without going back in the house.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Got 2 remotes with my car and used Velcro to secure the extra one inside my glove box to use as a trunk switch

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good ideas both Charliehorse and Gregg, I sometimes go down to the garage without my keys with me and it is a pain walking back up to the house, kinda aggravating though I can always use the exercise.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Your post reminded me that I have been wanting to order an OEM programmable key blank on ebay and have it cut for a reserve. If you lose one of your two keys it becomes very expensive thru the dealer to get another programmed. If you buy an extra now, it can be programmed by using your existing keys (requires 2 keys to program a third according to the owners manual). MUCH cheaper to be prepared.

In this thread:
http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1919188#post1919188

and I think on a few more but this gave me the info so I quit searching.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had a third key made at the cost of $33.00 from the Ford Dealership. They needed both of my keys to make the third. That third key is in its secret location where I can get to it easily if I find myself without a key. This 3rd key will open all locks and it will start the engine. If a guy wanted to order a Third key with Remote Contol you will have to take out a loan.

Speaking of Keys,
What is with the Ford Designers?
It sure would be nice if the glove box could be locked and the center consul storage area could be locked. . My wife has a beautifull Ford Lariat and it doesn't have a locking glove box or center consul either.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the heads up Charliehorse on the keys, I just know that eventually I'll be glad I did.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey Charlie Horse,
I must have paid a lot more for my 3rd key in that it will start the engine.
What did you pay for your non-starter 3rd key?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
JosephCaputo said:
Hey Charlie Horse,
I must have paid a lot more for my 3rd key in that it will start the engine.
What did you pay for your non-starter 3rd key?
$4.50 from Ford.

$33 from the Dealer isn't too much higher than the ebay routine (just paid $12.99 plus $10ish getting it cut).

I remember having to replace a girlfriends key a few years back for her Cherokee and it was $190 (one piece with remote attached and didn't have two keys for reprogramming). I had left the keys on the wood stove after coming in the door and later than night after I started a fire.... DOH! that was an expensive mistake! :cry:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Loop said:
Got 2 remotes with my car and used Velcro to secure the extra one inside my glove box to use as a trunk switch
HAHA, I love it!

great idea there, talk about a simple solution to an irritating situation.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Silverback said:
Here is a solution that my man TacoBill posted on Brad's site: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=480723&highlight=trunk+release

He is meticulous and great at documentation. Way to go Taco!

Thanks for sharing that, it certainly is a very good write up.

My only criticism would be the use of a crimp on tap. I have always been a believer in proper soldering and insulation through heat shrink tube. Anything less is just begging for electrical problems down the road...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Charlie Horse,
You think you had a costly mistake.
A few years back on Christmas Day I came up with a box that was the perfect size for sending something for repairs. I in fact placed the object into the box and I left in next to the mess of opened Christmas packaging. A couple hours later I gathered up all the Christmas Packaging trash and the next day it was all taken to the dump.

A couple days later I decided to get the item off for repairs but couldn't locate it. A few hours later I figured out what had occurred. I had in fact took the trash with my packaged item to the local recycling center. I in a panic went to the recycling center thinking that it might be a miracle in that I might be able to look through the giant dumpster to see if I could find the shoebox sized package.

BUT, the giant dumpster was as usual kept in place until it was full at which time it is trailered from the San Juan Islands to a Humongous Ofregon Dump Site where it is emptied into a giant pit and covered over. I at least felt somewhat comfortable that this package in fact was buried and unretrievable.

The item that was in that package was Brand New and was worth $1500.00.
I can't tell you how often I recall this incident and If only I could kick myself in the ass.

I also made the mistake of leaving my Bullitt Operators Manual & other Bullitt printed material on the outside swing. My Standard Poodle Mickey chewed up everything and I wasn't even sure what all the scattered material was about the yard until close inspection. Mickey was just being a dog and enjoying his youth. It cost me $60.00 to replace everything from Ford. In retrospect I could have probably been able to copy the material on the internet or whatever but I'm one of these guys that has to have everything kept like new and original.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
JosephCaputo said:
Charlie Horse,

YIKES! Just reading that gave me that 'ol knott in the gut for a few seconds! Where's that Mylanta? :lol:

JosephCaputo said:
Mickey was just being a dog and enjoying his youth.
LOL I used to use that one back when I was married and brought home a new pup. "He's just being a puppy!" after chewing up her shoes in the closet! :lol: :lol: Caught flak over that for years!

·
Registered
211 Posts
JosephCaputo said:
Charlie Horse,
A few years back on Christmas Day I came up with a box that was the perfect size for sending something for repairs. I in fact placed the object into the box and I left in next to the mess of opened Christmas packaging. A couple hours later I gathered up all the Christmas Packaging trash and the next day it was all taken to the dump.

A couple days later I decided to get the item off for repairs but couldn't locate it. A few hours later I figured out what had occurred. I had in fact took the trash with my packaged item to the local recycling center. I in a panic went to the recycling center thinking that it might be a miracle in that I might be able to look through the giant dumpster to see if I could find the shoebox sized package.

BUT, the giant dumpster was as usual kept in place until it was full at which time it is trailered from the San Juan Islands to a Humongous Ofregon Dump Site where it is emptied into a giant pit and covered over. I at least felt somewhat comfortable that this package in fact was buried and unretrievable.

I can't tell you how often I recall this incident and If only I could kick myself in the ass.

I also made the mistake of leaving my Bullitt Operators Manual & other Bullitt printed material on the outside swing. My Standard Poodle Mickey chewed up everything and I wasn't even sure what all the scattered material was about the yard until close inspection. Mickey was just being a dog and enjoying his youth. It cost me $60.00 to replace everything from Ford. In retrospect I could have probably been able to copy the material on the internet or whatever but I'm one of these guys that has to have everything kept like new and original.

Holy Crap Pooter....I feel sooooooo much better now about some of the stuff I've done. Luckily, I cannot top this.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Loop said:
Hey Loop: I liked that idea so much I bought the company... er I mean bought an extra remote! :lol: On ebay for $15 bucks ppd!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
cdynaco said:
Hey Loop: I liked that idea so much I bought the company... er I mean bought an extra remote! :lol: On ebay for $15 bucks ppd!
Glad to be of service my friend!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts