Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cool trunk liner for DHG 03875. I did a search here (IMBOC) but didn't find anything. The Ford parts dude said Ford doesn't make a trunk liner for 2001 Mustangs. I'm using a piece of grey carpeting as a trunk liner at the present time but it looks like poo since it doesn't fit the floor of the trunk. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :py2:

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Some have been shown on here before, non skid type with Bullitt printed on it. Do not know who posted about them.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Ezekial said:
that's for the trunk lid, not the floor :D
haha, i'm an idiot...read it too fast, :neutral:

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
The Fender Gripper one that Greg posted is great. It will protect against spills and as Greg said, nothing will slide around back there. I wish that I had purchased one years ago.

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you! That is the trunk liner that I was thinking of. I had seen it at IMBOC before. I need to order one. I am driving DHG 03875 daily (and using the trunk area quite a bit) since I have loaned my Crown Vic Police Interceptor to my cousin in Atlanta. She moved here from Germany several months ago and she does not have a vehicle.

Thanks again,

Collin

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
rblack4405 said:
How thick are the trunk mats?
They are the same thickness and material as the FenderGripper fender covers (About 3/8" of a dense foam material.)

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
5111 said:
They are the same thickness and material as the FenderGripper fender covers (About 3/8" of a dense foam material.)
Thank you for the info.

·
Premium Member
18,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received the trunk mat today. Looks pretty good, imho. Stuff sticks to it like "stink on poo" during lateral 'g' manuevers. :py1:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Isn't that the foam roll-around tool chest drawer liner material that they sell at Sears for like $10? Or is it better/thicker/whatever?

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Sorry, I had the wrong material in mind. I was thinking about an exercise mat the Mary Elaine had bought that looks the same as the trunk mat. It comes in different colors and is over 1/8th inch thick. Appears to be the same texture as the trunk mat, but isn't as wide as the Bullitt's trunk.:wink:

Rolls up nicely and IS sticky, nothing slick about it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts