Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to sell my 2004 Mustang GT so I can buy a TB Bullitt. If anyone knows somebody looking for one send them my way. Here is a link to my cars.com ad: http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7CE-%7CM-_14_%7CB-17000%7CD-_179_%7CN-N%7CR-10%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CZ-23608&aff=national&paId=226588976&recnum=4&leadExists=true

This is a 40th anniversary edition Mustang GT. The actual color is Dark Shadow Gray Metalic. The color and metal flake look amazing, day or night. Power everything, including a push button starter!! Mach 460 stereo with amps and 6-disc cd changer and Sirius Satelite radio from the factory. Black leather seats, the rears have never been sat in and they fold to allow acess to the trunk. The engine and underside of the car are so clean that you would think the car was never driven!! Everything in this car is perfect and with only 26000 miles it is like buying a brand new car. The NADA value of this car is $17,925. At my price you are getting steal. The exterior and interior of the car are immaculate. I have washed, buffed, polished and waxed the car at least once a month since ownership. All oil changes have been at 2,500 miles and only with Mobile 1 synthetic oil. This is like buying a brand new car! The price is negotiable.

I'm asking $16500 and I have more pictures if you're interested.

Preston

·
Registered
771 Posts
So this is a 2004 with the 40th Anniversary Emblems or is it a real deal 40th?

I thought the 40th Anniversary's had Champaigne Gold Striping, Arizona Beige Bullitts, no spoiler, and some interior blingage. I also thought the original 40th's were offered in Crimson Red, and later Black and White.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never done any real research into the 40th package. It is a true 40th as it comes upwith the VIN though. There are some interior pieces added like the trim around the shifter bezel.

Preston

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've wondered about that... I'm not trying to doubt it's validity, just have had some problems with local dealers...

I hate to say it, here's a link to some places with much better information about the 40th Anniversary Package than I have.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=547112
http://www.internetautoguide.com/reviews/45-int/sports-cars/ford/mustang/2004/index.html

My issue with dealers around here is that they see the badge, and try to sell it as a "true" 40th. When I try to explain the difference between the 40th badge and the 40th edition, they shut the door in my face, basically. 2004 like 1999 got fender badges on all of the Mustangs for 40th or 35th minus the SVT Built, or aftermarket makers.

If it is a true one, I truely appoligize sr. I know how Bullitt Owner's get their dander all up when anything that is not a Bullitt attempts to sell as one. I don't know how the 40th guys are.

All that aside, I have been in the market for a Crimson Red GT for a while, but not aggressively... Something about having no spoiler appeals to me! :)

- Bullitthead Question - I know on the regular VIN # alone, a Bullitt's true identity cannot be confirmed. If I remember correctly, haven't there been some "Bullitts" on Ebay that say "The vin check comes back as a Bullitt" even though it's not a Bullitt?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
FDWheelMan3687 said:
- Bullitthead Question - I know on the regular VIN # alone, a Bullitt's true identity cannot be confirmed. If I remember correctly, haven't there been some "Bullitts" on Ebay that say "The vin check comes back as a Bullitt" even though it's not a Bullitt?
You are correct. It comes back as GT/Bullitt so they automatically say it is a Bullitt. / means and or not it is.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mustang 40th Anniversary Package

I did a short article a few years back for my local Mustang club on the anniversary edition Mustangs built from 1984 through 2004.

The 40th Anniversary Edition Package was much more than the fender badge. It includes body-color folding side mirrors (borrowed from the '03-'04 Cobra), Arizona beige hood, trunk and rocker panel striping, matching Arizona beige color on the spokes of its Bullitt-style wheels (instead of the dark gray spokes on the "ordinary" Bullitt-style wheels), no rear spoiler, and the before mentioned interior upgrades (40th Anniversary floor mats, special adjustable front seat head rests, and the Interior Upgrade Package). Color availability for the 40th Anniversary Edition cars was limited to Crimson Red (available only on true 40th Anniversary Edition cars only) as well as Black or White. Interestingly, unlike the 35th Anniversary Edition which was limited to GTs only, the 40th Anniversary Edition Package could be added on a V6 or a GT. The 40th Anniversary Edition Package added $895.00 to the MSRP, compared to the 35th Anniversary Edition Package that added $2,695.00 to the MSRP of GT.

Consequently, while a Dark Shadow Grey 2004 Mustang is badged as a 40th anniversary car like all other 2004 Mustangs, it is not one of the limited production 40th Anniversary Edition Package cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts