Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I came to a deal with a guy to buy my Bassani X o/r. So I go to mailbox ext to get it boxed up, and he informes me it is to big to ship through UPS, can do FED ex but it will cost 200$, obvoulsy way to much.
So I go to the post office to get to see wah they can do for me. Well they can ship it, but not boxed.. needs to me wrapped in plastic, becsoue the box will make it to big. Will cost like $89.

AM I missing somthing. How in the hell am I suppose to ship this thing. Anyone have any knowledge on this for me??? thanks DOug

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I had a guy ship me an OEM H-pipe for a 00'GT,by UPS. They shipped it as is,no box,from Texas to Va..... $15.00 I believe.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mus408 is right. Find an actual UPS office where they do the distribution and delivery and go talk to them. They should ship anything. Mail boxes etc is just one of those suburban type price gouging middlemen used to make yuppie life a little easier. They may not want to handle anything of that size. My family used to run a small business selling performance go kart parts to racers AROUND the world. We had orders on anything as small as a couple piston rods and some bearings all the way up to a full frame shipped through UPS. It was the most cost effective way to do things. Talk directly to UPS instead of MBETC. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This does help... thanks I Will go down there tommorow.

Doug

·
Registered
543 Posts
I too just got a good deal on a slightly used (6000 miles) Bassani X with Cats. $225 plus $15 shipping. The guy is going to ship it from his work where they get a deep discount. He is shipping it in the original box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts