Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for information. Taking car to dealer tomorrow for pinging issue. I have not been able to find this TSB on net anywhere. I have tried the obvious sites. I would like to have as much info as possible to avoid any problems. THANKS !

(TSB was posted previously by Mid-life-crisis)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Well mine is in the shop for this issue as of this morning... I will pick it up this afternoon... what do you need exactly...

Doug

·
Registered
452 Posts
I took in the post that someone put on the board about getting the computer reflahshed through Oasis.... not sure about the bulliten though...

do you have more infomration on it???? did you check over at blueoval.... IF you can tell me what to talk to them about I will do it this afternoon and gt back with ya.. thanks

Doug

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I printed that post also to take with me.
I am leary of any problems with going to the dealer for work. I would hate for them to have their head up their a$$ and reflash my Bullitt with the GT program. I've had too many bad experiences with dealer service. Although in fairness the dealership I'm going to tomorrow is the best I've found for service. I't not the dealership I got the car from. Ones good at selling cars the other at service...go figure.
Thanks for any info you can supply.
Jim

·
Registered
452 Posts
Christ.. If they flash my computer with the Mustang program I am going to have a bad case of the arse... they said they will put a sticker under the hood.. so hopefully that will clear it up for me. I tell you what this stuff is pissing me off. Only 200 miles on it and it is in the body shop and the dealer.......

I will post message one I get back.. I just called and they are still not done...

Doug

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not even going to the body shop. I don't want it coming back worst that the original issue. (wavy BULLIT lettering job) I'm trying to straighten it out on very hot days myself. The engine pinging is really pissing me off though. Especially when I hear others are running 87 octane and live and hotter climates.
The comment about the sticker is the same as Mid Life Crisis mentioned when he got it done so I think you should be alright.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG #1302 on 2001-07-25 13:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
452 Posts
I wish my body work was as simple as the bullitt letters... the small panel about the drivers passanger window is dented. The drink screw ball (I can saw this I grew up in Michigan Heart OF Auto workers, Lansing) that put the panle on over tightened it and tweekaed it.. so they had to order a new one and paint it... I hope the paint match OR I am going to start getting real pissy... hehehehehe

Thanks for the Venting time...

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
On the receipt they called it PCM upgrade TSB 011203.

Under the hood it is labeled as

1R3A 12A650-AC

Change authority #02301.

The service rep seemed to be a little familiar with the upgrade. He defiently coaxed me into saying that it was pinging and just me saying that there was a chip upgrade was not the key to them doing it. Least that is how it appeared to me.

I have not noticed a difference in performance except it seemed before it was idleing a little rough and I do not notice that now.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Basically that update is if you have an older computer. I just got back from the dealer and he said mine was the 02 so it already had that prom flash. IF you have the 01 then you could use the flash.....

THey told me to give it a few tanks of gas and see if the idle calms down and the knocking goes away... I am not even sure if it is knoocking or an injector clicking....

He said he called ford and they told him to give the engine 5000 miles before the computer adjudseted... that is crap...

Doug

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your help. I have 4,500 miles now I hope I don't have any problems this morning. Hope your car starts to run better!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took car in for TSB related to pinging issue.....Rep seemed to be familure with issue and in fact stated other models besides the Bullitt are having pining issues due to oxegenated gasoline used now in the summer months.....Sounds like this is the first summer they tried this gas and it is causing some problems...he stated we will return to "normal gas" in the winter....I'm looking forward to the computer flash and having my sweet ride back again....
p.s. this is the first trip to service for my Bullitt and I can only hope they treat it right........

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I HATE service departments. Long story .. short. I picked my Bullitt up and they did not perform the flash. Told there is no TSB for my VIN. I had supplied them with all info this morning and had none of it on me when I went to pick it up...(thinking they had fixed it). By the time I was done going phyco they were ready to put me in a loaner and work on it tomorrow. I need my car back and got it and left. Time for a new dealership/service department.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
#1302,

what is the code on the passenger door above the door latch? ??01 or ??02. I believe the 02 code picked up in the BULLITT line some where around 1000. So you may already be on the latest code.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the location of the sticker. It is KSG1. I've come to the conslusion that buying a car and servicing it is a much better experience outside of the greater Detroit area/Michigan. This goes against the logic that this should be the best place to buy a car and have it serviced as access the information and arseistance from the World HeadQuartes is so near. Go figure. I'll get the reflash done, just somewhere else. Thanks for everyone's help.
Jim

·
Registered
93 Posts
Some of the Ford dealers are real A/H and mechanics will also reflex on that behavior, if you not happy with that dealer go look for some where else.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I took #1182 into dealer for warranty work, one of those items was the (spark knock) or pinging upon acceleration at low rpm. They reflashed the computer (TSB 01-12-3) and wow, I did not realize how rough the car sounded and had been running compared to now. The exhaust note is a little quiter at idle and a bit smoother. I realy notice the difference when accelerating, the car accelerates faster and smoother than before. Idle seems to be smoother and starting when hot is more instataneous. I would highly suggest that if your Bullitt seems to be running rough and you may hear a metalic sound like synchros going bad when you are accelerating at low rpms, that you take it to the dealer and have them run a diagnostic check to see if this bullitin will help your car out. This is another example of how informative this site is. Thanks to all for sharing your problems and fixes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts