Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up from a post over at Corral:

There are 3 TSBs for the T-3650 manual tranny:

1) "00-24-01 Vibration, clutch, - vibration heard and/or felt at clutch pedal: This may be caused by clutch cable routing, lack of preload on the release lever, improper or failed release bearing, improper pressure plate-to-flywheel bolt torque, or out-of-parallel finger height on pressure plate. Refer to TSB"

2) Then there is a special service message that reads as so:

"Clutch cycle noise - some 1994-2001 Mustang equipped with a manual trasnmission may have a powertrain noise described as a brief roar, hoot, or groan between 2500-3500 RPM when the clutch pedal is half way down, during shifting or when depressing and releasing the clutch. This condition is characteristic of a mecahnical clutch cable release system and does not indicate any system mechanical or durability issues, no attempts to service this condition should be made."

3) Here's the other "special service message":

"15175 / 2001 Mustang - T-3650 Transmission shift fork bending. Some 2001 V-8 Mustangs equipped with TR-3650 transmissions built from Feb-2001 to Aug 2001 may exhibit difficulty engaging 1st or 2nd gear. This may be due to an out-of-spec 1-2 shift fork. A new shift fork has been developed to service this condition (2r3z-7230-aa). Remove transmission and follow service procedures detailed in 308-03c for dissassembly and assembly of replacement 1-2 shift fork. Examine 1-2 syncronizer and blocking rings for any damage. Service as necessary following service procedures in 308-03c."

John

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-10-19 20:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
153 Posts
Why didn't they use the right parts before they built these cars? Sounds like Ford and Harley teamed up for a reason.They both make products that the consumer has to test for them. As an old Harley boss of mine used to say:How come you guys never have enough time to do it right the first time.BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks True Blue, I had switched to Redline MTL and it helped some and made the shifting throws easier too. Was hoping not to have to go thru tranny repair but I think I will. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey TrueBlueBullitt....

Going to Ford to address this issue.

Where did you get this information? You state at the CORRAL, where is this? Looking for specifics as Ford may not know as others have stated.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I definitely have #2 (the groan), and it is getting a bit louder... but I am a bit less worried.

As far as 1 and 2 shifts, yeah, its gnashing a bit when I shift, especailly when cold. I will have to watch that one.

Mike

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I've just faxed over a copy of the Special Service Message to Santa Monica Ford, seems they couldn't find it, even after I gave them the number. I made an appointment to bring the car in, they've estimated "at least a couple of days".

·
Registered
32 Posts
Defintely having the problem described as i shift into 2nd. Once again I love the site! Guess it's time to take back in...

·
Registered
209 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-10-19 20:15, TrueBlueBullitt wrote:
Picked this up from a post over at Corral:

There are 3 TSBs for the T-3650 manual tranny:

1) "00-24-01 Vibration, clutch, - vibration heard and/or felt at clutch pedal: This may be caused by clutch cable routing, lack of preload on the release lever, improper or failed release bearing, improper pressure plate-to-flywheel bolt torque, or out-of-parallel finger height on pressure plate. Refer to TSB"

2) Then there is a special service message that reads as so:

"Clutch cycle noise - some 1994-2001 Mustang equipped with a manual trasnmission may have a powertrain noise described as a brief roar, hoot, or groan between 2500-3500 RPM when the clutch pedal is half way down, during shifting or when depressing and releasing the clutch. This condition is characteristic of a mecahnical clutch cable release system and does not indicate any system mechanical or durability issues, no attempts to service this condition should be made."

3) Here's the other "special service message":

"15175 / 2001 Mustang - T-3650 Transmission shift fork bending. Some 2001 V-8 Mustangs equipped with TR-3650 transmissions built from Feb-2001 to Aug 2001 may exhibit difficulty engaging 1st or 2nd gear. This may be due to an out-of-spec 1-2 shift fork. A new shift fork has been developed to service this condition (2r3z-7230-aa). Remove transmission and follow service procedures detailed in 308-03c for dissassembly and assembly of replacement 1-2 shift fork. Examine 1-2 syncronizer and blocking rings for any damage. Service as necessary following service procedures in 308-03c."

John

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TrueBlueBullitt on 2001-10-19 20:16 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the info, True Blue. Boy, 1 and 2 sure could be confused with each other. "vibration heard" and "clutch cycle noise might be hard to tell apart.:???: I believe I am having one of these two problems. Guess I'll let the dealer sort it out.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Thanks guy for the info. Aren't these cars beautiful? :sad:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4995 on 2001-10-23 19:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My car was at the dealer today. They are ordering parts needed to replace the 1 - 2 shift fork. Actually, my service advisor got the service manager involved as it was to warm this morning to duplicate the problem. The service manager called Ford and Ford told them to replace the shift fork.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts