Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the car to Dynospeed in Memphis this week for a tune. My converter is too loose and was causing some very erratic things after peak power on the graph. I am going to send the converter off soon and have it restalled, as well as have the valvebody reworked and freshen the trans. There may possibly be some left in it, but I am pretty happy with the numbers it put down. 15psi, 93 octane pump gas it put down 604 with a safe AFR and timing. Not too bad through an automatic.

The car pulls good. And is definetly a blast to drive.

·
Registered
987 Posts
What kinda of car do u have?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Do you have a graph? I am just curious to see the curve (non-peak numbers). Yours is my dream set up.

Matt

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt Stachler said:
Do you have a graph? I am just curious to see the curve (non-peak numbers). Yours is my dream set up.

Matt
I will try to get you a picture of it soon. The converter flashing so high makes the graph pretty short.

·
Registered
987 Posts
jinx44 said:
I will try to get you a picture of it soon. The converter flashing so high makes the graph pretty short.
U converted it too an Auto? How much did that set u back?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OGBATMAN said:
U converted it too an Auto? How much did that set u back?
I did all of the work myself, including ECM swap, wiring, etc. Converter and transbrake valvebody were used, as well as the B&M pan. All together I have about $2000 in the swap. Still cheaper than buying a T56 and building it to hold decent power.

·
Registered
987 Posts
jinx44 said:
I did all of the work myself, including ECM swap, wiring, etc. Converter and transbrake valvebody were used, as well as the B&M pan. All together I have about $2000 in the swap. Still cheaper than buying a T56 and building it to hold decent power.
Wow nice job. Wish i had the space and time to do all that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OGBATMAN said:
Wow nice job. Wish i had the space and time to do all that.
No you don't. LOL It was a MAJOR pain. I spent countless hours looking over wiring diagrams to figure out how everything would go together. My trans is an early case, with a PA valvebody (that PA doesn't make anymore and knows nothing about), late harness inside the trans, late model auto harness, and tying it all in to the factory stuff.

Although its nice to just put it in D and go, a manual valvebody would be much easier.

·
Registered
987 Posts
jinx44 said:
No you don't. LOL It was a MAJOR pain. I spent countless hours looking over wiring diagrams to figure out how everything would go together. My trans is an early case, with a PA valvebody (that PA doesn't make anymore and knows nothing about), late harness inside the trans, late model auto harness, and tying it all in to the factory stuff.

Although its nice to just put it in D and go, a manual valvebody would be much easier.
Thats coo but I know I wont be switching my 5 speed for nothing. I just luv the control.:wink:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OGBATMAN said:
Thats coo but I know I wont be switching my 5 speed for nothing. I just luv the control.:wink:
Most people that are stick fans, have never driven a high HP, high stalled auto.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
jinx44 said:
Most people that are stick fans, have never driven a high HP, high stalled auto.
I'm not sure if you consider the Lightning a high HP vehicle, but both the wife and I really wish that it was a manual.

Of course if you are drag racing there is a definite advantage to an auto.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5111 said:
I'm not sure if you consider the Lightning a high HP vehicle, but both the wife and I really wish that it was a manual.

Of course if you are drag racing there is a definite advantage to an auto.
I can't imagine trying to drag race a manual truck. The length of the throw would be too long.

I just don't care for sticks, even when cruising. I guess I have spent too many hours pushing in clutches and its no fun for me anymore. I was driving manual shift tractors on the farm when I was 11, along with manual trucks and such. I can definetly hold my own with a stick, but I am now lazy and auto's are not a chore to drive.

And as you said, the auto has an advantage with what I am doing.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
jinx44 said:
not extremely high hp but a 700hp n2o firbird with a 3800 stall is very fun to drive...driveability isn't bad either but im opting out on a stalled auto for the fox(it has one now) and im goin to a t56. im a fan of both but its a blast to row gears next to an auto car and them not be able to budge an inch on when your bangin them gears :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts