Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1007 and I were coming home from a car show over in NEWPORT NEWS VA. yesterday we were stoped at stop light, up pulls this 68 Mustang coupe dark Blue, with silver shelby stripes. This wasn't no fancy dancy show car, he had center line wheels VW thin in front, and at least N50's in the rear looked like street Drag radials. 3inch exhaust exiting out the back with the sound of seroius CAMMage hitting hard, Plus trackion bars, they weren't the cheapy ones ether.
I make sure the trackion control is off, and run down the passager side window. And ask, "Whats in it"? The driver responds a 302, It had to been one of the heathyist 302's I heard in while.
By this time the traffic has moved away and We both nail it from the roll, He gets the jump on me bad, I snatch 2nd 1007 jumps sideways ripping the goodyears, and the 68 still pulls away, he slows and I catch up, He's smiling I'm impressed, I tell him so over the roar of FORD Muscle.
I look down and The A/C is on so quickly I turn it off. The driver in the 68 nails it again I down shift to 3rd, and mash the go peddle hard. This time 1007 doesn't get left instead 1007 caught the 68, and pulls ahead, until traffic slows both cars, now it's my turn to smile.
The Blue muscle bound 68's driver waves honks his horn and makes a right at the next light.
So do I count this as a win, or a win and a loss???????

·
Registered
309 Posts
It's probably a win and a loss, but in my heart, that's a win :smile:

Man, I missed the show yesterday. I ended up lending myself as manual labor for a bedroom set all day. Yes, it was a big set. :sad:

Did you enter this one, Jimmy Ray?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Micah on 2001-08-26 15:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Micah,
I say 6 and 1 for 1007. I was supprised he pulled on me. The A/C being off, sure did make a difference the second time.
The show only had about 45 cars, 3 Bullitts, I saw my first black one, 1007 took second place to the Black one, It only had 100 miles on it and was trailiored down from Maryland. The other Bullitt was DHG, and he was down from Richmond.....Both really nice guy's. I told them about this site, but I think nether was interested. The DHG car's owner didn't know his Bullitt# until I asked him..... don't ask me to quote the numbers, because I don't remember well.
I was looking forward to talking to you maybe next time..... Are you going to Atlanta for the 25th?

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
heck jimmy ray, any time you can have that much fun and grin that big, ....it's a win in MY book!
good story!

·
Registered
309 Posts
I haven't decided about the 25th. I have to see what work and school have in store for me. I bet something gets in the way, though, the way these past couple of weeks have been going.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I haven't decided about the 25th. I have to see what work and school have in store for me. I bet something gets in the way, though, the way these past couple of weeks have been going.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you stomp the gas the AC compressor shuts itself off unless they took that feature out since the time I had my 87. So at worst it would have just affected your roll off.

2001 DHG Bullit #4719
Densecharger
1995 Laser Red GT
K&N Filter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gibscreen on 2001-10-08 05:47 ]</font>

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gib,
I didn't know that, thanks for the input. He probly was just playing the 2nd time. Still was fun though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts