Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to start my '01 Bullitt the other day after not driving it for about a month and it would turn over strongly, but never start. I had taken the battery out and left it on a charger in my apartment. I've done that before, but was wondering if removing and replacing the battery may trigger some theft cutoff that I'm not thinking about? Would the engine even turn over if it was a theft control issue?

I searched here and saw some advice to knock on the gas tank in case the fuel pump was going bad. I tried that but it didn't make any difference.

The car ran great the last time I drove it about a month ago. Anybody have some tips on where to start in hunting down the problem?

Thanks alot,
Richard

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Won't start...........

My Bullitt did the same thing two years ago........checked fuel pressure and found out it was a bad pump. My car would hesitate during a hard pull prior to the pump going. I would also change the fuel filter........requires special tool..........check Bullitt Maintenance issues on this site.
Good luck..........if not have about $400 bucks ready...........ouch!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.