Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
it is pretty funny, but there actually, i couldnt believe it either, people whoes job is to actually film/photograph food and to style it. they did a thing on the news about it a while back about how the commercials show more food than your getting. lol its quite funny.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
on the Note of TV commercials. Has anyone noticed how Toyota, Chevy and GMC seem to bash the other car companies, like saying the the tundra is better than the F150 and so on. i mean people who are buy F150s arent usually buying them for their towing or load capacity anyway. plus if someone is wanting that much work out of their truck they get 250s 350s or 2500s or 3500s. It's just annoying when they show the Toyota Tundra doing all these fake stunts to try and make them look better.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
A sucker is born every minute.....
and advertising takes advantage of the fact that our society is seriously lacking in critical thinking skills. People will believe anything.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Mr.Bullitt: Check out this Ford Truck Site:http://www.ford-trucks.com/

They routinely have threads relating to how Toyota, Nissan or whomever puts up bogus adverts.:shock:

SmokinBullitt: As for the food. The photographed food isn't food at all. It's usually wax models that are carefully hand crafted for and voted on by whatever corp. entity they want to use for the ad agency to use for doing the advertising. My brother has a friend that makes these models, and in some cases photographs the model used for the commercial. Some models are life size, others are much larger. He takes hundreds of shots. They advertising company buys what they want to use based on what the corporate entitys' desires are for the ad.:confused:

He also makes prefab railroad scenery for HO, and other scale trains. Airplace and automobile models for lawyers to use in trials, etc.:cool:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
David,.....I understand your wax models, but they should represent the food that is sold. If they are not going to make the food that they sell look EXACTLY like that, I bet there is a opening for a BIG Class Action Suit against all of them.

The problem is 3 fold.
1. The pictures of the food as advertised represent a fresh product that is hand made and delivered to you (notice the cheese strings are fresh)? Of course this is not done.

2. The pictures of what we get are of that same product after it has been run through a microwave (usually at too high a setting).

3. Customers have become complacent with what they eat from fast food restaurants and the businesses all have microwave's that make their bottom line bigger! These businesses thrive on our complacency.

The only way to get even a close approximation of what is advertised is to boycott all of them and bring a class action suit against all of them and get rid of the short cuts and microwaves. Someone will then surface and deliver a fresh product that is actually good to eat and take the prize (business) from all of them. We, the consumers, will be the big winners (for a change).

Note: Subway is close but they also have microwaves!

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
OH GOD ITS JUST FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a really dumb thing to sue over. i mean come on, the reason people go to these places is because its FASTfood not because its looks nice, and if they made every burger/sandwich/taco perfect, IT WOULDNT BE FAST FOOD!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
.....and if Americans didn`t eat "fast food" we wouldn`t be the fattest, most unhealthy people on Earth. Let`em fold up their tents and go away, I sez. :lol:

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Doc Coffin said:
.....and if Americans didn`t eat "fast food" we wouldn`t be the fattest, most unhealthy people on Earth. Let`em fold up their tents and go away, I sez. :lol:
And thats why i dont eat fast food or drink Soda. Whenever i do i feel crappy, and bloated. its disgusting.

barry bullitt said:
******warning Do Not Look At The Pictures Before Lunch Or Dinner**********
:lol:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Eating only at places that take the time to have the product look like the phood in the photo costs. The last place I ate at a restaurant like that it cost me $150.00 for supper and there were only 3 of us. One glass of wine each, and one dessert. The balance of the meal was the main entry.

By comparison, when I eat at Wendy's or any other Phast Phood Place I choose from the dollar menu. The product closely resembles the value of the money paid, not the photo on the drive thru kiosk.
Moreso than the sit down restaruants that I have been to. BTW, we usually eat at home from our own kitchen. A dying breed.
And if your going to sell something, IMHO you show it the way you want to think of it. Not necessarily how it actually appears in final form. Most people think of our cars as old Mustangs with one foot in the grave and good for kids to drive to school. Do we? I sure don't see anyone posting up filthy car photos unless they just completed a transcontinental drive through bad weather and bugs.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Eating only at places that take the time to have the product look like the phood in the photo costs. The last place I ate at a restaurant like that it cost me $150.00 for supper and there were only 3 of us. One glass of wine each, and one dessert. The balance of the meal was the main entry.

By comparison, when I eat at Wendy's or any other Phast Phood Place I choose from the dollar menu. The product closely resembles the value of the money paid, not the photo on the drive thru kiosk.
Moreso than the sit down restaruants that I have been to. BTW, we usually eat at home from our own kitchen. A dying breed.
And if your going to sell something, IMHO you show it the way you want to think of it. Not necessarily how it actually appears in final form. Most people think of our cars as old Mustangs with one foot in the grave and good for kids to drive to school. Do we? I sure don't see anyone posting up filthy car photos unless they just completed a transcontinental drive through bad weather and bugs.
Damn Love Bugs. grrrr

Yeah, i eat from my own kitchen as well,the food is better, made quicker, and is cheaper. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts