Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Bullitt on order and will leave it mostly stock but have a couple questions about minor tweaks.

The antenna on Mustangs always seems a little tall to me and I wonder what sort of replacements people have found? For example, American Muscle sells at 14-inch Fixed Black Antenna for 2008 Ford Mustang at $19.99. Has anyone tried this one or other antenna?

Any particularly high quality floor mats that attach to the stock attachment points on Mustang?

Thanks in advance.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome to IMBOC and congrats on your 08. I'v heard the "shorty" antennas do hurt you reception, so keep that in mind.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
with sirius who neads am/fm

·
Registered
480 Posts
welcome Ducatista ... I think the Sirius antena mount is on the trunk, be great if they could combine the regular radio in to that one too ...

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Hi,
I have the shorty and it does diminish reception. It is also too stiff. To avoid breaking the antenna and possible damaging the top of the fender, it should be more flexible.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Ducatista said:
I have a new Bullitt on order and will leave it mostly stock but have a couple questions about minor tweaks.

The antenna on Mustangs always seems a little tall to me and I wonder what sort of replacements people have found? For example, American Muscle sells at 14-inch Fixed Black Antenna for 2008 Ford Mustang at $19.99. Has anyone tried this one or other antenna?

Any particularly high quality floor mats that attach to the stock attachment points on Mustang?

Thanks in advance.
I have the American Muscle shorties on both our Mustang (01 & 06) and reception is diminished a bit on road trips, but I don't care since we listen to CD's mostly.

·
Premium Member
983 Posts
I have a shorty antenna 9" and i have no problem with the radio. However, i listen to cd's most of the time anyway.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Shorty antennas will not reduce the reception of the exhaust note at all. That is all you need to listen to,in a Bullitt, right??!!

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Mus408 said:
Shorty antennas will not reduce the reception of the exhaust note at all. That is all you need to listen to,in a Bullitt, right??!!

DA** STRAIGHT!

That's why I changed mine.

Open the windows and have built in STEREO!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Mus408 said:
AMEN !!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
antenna

A friend of mine just cut his factory antenna down to 15". It seems to work fine. Just cut off the little ball on top , and cut antenna down to 15". Then drill hole in ball, and reattach with an epoxy.

George
Bullitt 5198

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
This thread is what I love about this site! In time everything is covered. I take my antenna off when I put cover on my BULLITT, and sometime forget to put back on. No problem exhaust sound keeps me entertained.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
The little ball on the top will pop off, no need to cut it off.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I shortened my factory antenna about 10 inches. I just popped the ball off, cut the rod and then filed it a little to make the ball go back on (make sure you don't file it too much so that the ball will easily slip off). No appreciable difference noted in reception..... but the radio is on only rarely anyway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts