Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew the dealer, so I asked him not to move it from where they unloaded it, nor wash it or take off any stickers. He drove it off the truck himself on May 28, locked it & called me up. This was my first view of it.

bullitt_IMG_0283.jpg

bullitt_IMG_0284.jpg

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of people kept their window sticker and sale certificate, but I was also able to get the build sheet without tearing it too much. Mine was on the backside of the fuel tank, taped to the top side of the tank. It was surprisingly fragile, so I'm glad I grabbed it shortly after getting the car.

Bullitt_IMG_0279.jpg

Bullitt_IMG_0281.jpg

Bullitt_IMG_0280.jpg

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And then, about six months later, I took it in for the first warranty visit to repair the shift fork issue (I had the TSB with me). Fixing that stupid CD error was the second warranty issue I had it serviced for & that was it, no other warranty issues.

Bullitt_IMG_0278.jpg

·
Registered
838 Posts
Awesome! Hard to believe its been 20 years since the '01 hit the streets. Smart not having it washed also, I bought a VW a couple of years ago that needed paint correction after the dealer "washed" it. It looked like they went over it with a stiff bristle shop broom.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a VW a couple of years ago that needed paint correction after the dealer "washed" it. It looked like they went over it with a stiff bristle shop broom.
Same thing happened to a guy I knew in one of my car clubs when he bought a new truck. He got it home, started looking at it in bright sun & saw tons of swirl marks in the paint. Took it back & they detailed it for him, but he said some of the marks never came out. The assumption was the kids who washed the cars when they came in were using dirty sponges or towels.

Reactions: Bullitt5989

·
Administrator
6,461 Posts
Fantastic documentation set! Thank you for posting this!!

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Ditto to what Tony stated above! This is excellent documentation for us 2001 owners...especially the pics regarding the placement of the factory stickers. I purchased my 2001 Bullitt off the Ford lot in August of 2001...some of the factory stickers were still on it [and I still have them] but I never took pics of the factory sticker placements...so your pics are AWESOME! :love:

·
Premium Member
6,222 Posts
Awesome, just awesome. It is good to see that someone keeps everything, and I mean everything related to this car as I do! I remember pulling the build sheet and I would have never even known about it it were not for IMBOC. I have three binders full of papers, documentation, original things, every single receipt, every bit of documented service, everything. I love this place, and I love that people love their cars as I do. It's so good to see another original owner as well! I cannot believe it's been 20 years.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Sweet treasure trove and great memories for your awesome 'Stang. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ditto to what Tony stated above! This is excellent documentation for us 2001 owners...especially the pics regarding the placement of the factory stickers. I purchased my 2001 Bullitt off the Ford lot in August of 2001...some of the factory stickers were still on it [and I still have them] but I never took pics of the factory sticker placements...so your pics are AWESOME! :love:
Thanks. I have some good engine bay pics, too, as well as pics of the transmission, driveshaft & differential that show factory markings. Maybe in another 20 years people will start Concoursing these for shows & the documentation could be helpful to someone.

Reactions: Cochese
1 - 12 of 12 Posts