I saw you coming
Gazing from a far
Please next time
Can you miss my car!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just received a crack in the windshield thanks to a little rock. Just wanted to inform all of you of something I found out today about auto insurance. If you get a crack in your windshield, most auto insurance companies will pay to get it fixed and waive the deductible. This is to save them money instead of you paying the dedutible and them paying the rest for a new windshield. Just a little something I wished I knew a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sorry to hear, I hate it when you see something coming, but your stuck and can't go anywhere. Everytime I see a crap flying off of a Semi, its like its happening in Slo-Mo and there nothing you can do.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I just ran a thread called $216 for a windshield. I don't know how to get you their other than to look for it, but I got an excact factory match installed for $216. It took some looking, but they are out there. Watch out, people get get crazy with their prices. Cheer up it ain't so bad.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
I had a double hit and the resulting break looked just like a cross and where the rock broke apart left brown at the base like the ground. I thought about not driving for a few days. Then got another double hit. It left one star and one bullseye.

·
Registered
255 Posts
isnt that what insurance is for? I guess thats why i have a 100 dollar deductible.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cheer up. You have a busted windshield, I have the entire front end of my car to repair thanks to a guy running a red light and the leaving the scene!

Sorry, I'm kind of bitter right now. I liked the poem though....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Too bad the air bag deployed, this might have had a cool ending if you could have chased his ass down.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I now have three rock chips in mine,seems like about 1 every 3 weeks.I also got one in a 1994 Cobra the first day that I got it.These windshields seem much softer that any others that I have had.The first chip was a very small object that was moving very slow,you would have thought that it would do nothing,but it actually chiped a chunk right out of the glass,as all 3 have done.No star,no crack,just small chips...I have had much harder impacts on my Eagle Vision with no damage whatsoever.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have always had glass coverage on my policy.. it is only like 2$ a month extra.. full coverage...

Doug

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never heard of glass coverage before. This is something I will have to ask about, since I live where farming is hugh, and those trackers are always littering up the roads. Would be a good investment for my vehicles.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Had to replace the windshield in my '00 GT when it was only about 2 weeks old. Same story. Hopefully my Bullitt's will last longer!

If I remember correctly, it cost around $280 for the replacement windshield.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I broke my 95 Gt vert's windshield out with palm of my hand trying to get the rear veiw mirror re-attached cost $200 and my insurance covered $100, because of the de-ductable.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just had "Safelite" fix the cracks in the windshield. The little chip I received about a month ago, he fixed with no problem. But the crack the poem was about, he said he'll fix it, but it will probably get worse, due to the chip being so bad. May have to end up replacing entire windsheild anyways. Was hoping to avoid the $100 deductible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts