Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

twisted seatbelt

807 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Bullitt 736 
#1 ·
Anyone have a good way of keeping the seatbelt from getting twisted when pulled out? Twice in the last week mine has twisted and then won't retract when taken off. No big deal, but a pain in the rear.

#3 ·
I've had that happen many times. You may be able to unbolt it at the floor and turn it around. I've just had to be very carefull when putting it on.

#5 ·
Mine will not fully retract so I'm thinking I gotta replace it after the new year... of course unless someone has a full proof way of saving me money? lol

#6 ·
hollow_point said:
Maybe the Florida weather lately? Mine has just begun to do the same thing. If you pull it out slower and straighter, it doesn't seem to do it as often. Short of that, I think replacement is about the only other option.
Wow Brian, you could be right. Mine did it twice this week. Hasn't done it before or since. Just exactly as described.

#7 ·
I have had the family members twist up my seat belts since I can remember. It does not seem to matter what car or truck, I am always straightening belts! The F-150 is currently the worst, but the Buick we had years ago was the worst. Go figure, two totally different styles of retractors. The Bullitt isn't suffering the same ignominity...yet. I have found that by pulling high and slowly it will not twist coming out. And by holding the belt up by the buckle and allowing it to retract slowly has kept it straight for me most of the time. Another thing that I have done is keep the belts out of the little slotted loop at the top of the seat. I do that so mostly so that I can hold the thing up and away from my chest as I guide it backwards into the retractor. I've done it so long now I don't even look at the belt, where it's going or even think about it. I just do it. Hope this works for those folks willing to try it. :smile:

#8 ·
Just finished straighting it out again, caused a few C*** words to leak out, worked up a sweat, well I had really I just finished washing and quick detailing the Bullitt to work up most of the sweat....sunny and 72 today.

#9 ·
Bullitt 40 said:
Just finished straighting it out again, caused a few C*** words to leak out, worked up a sweat, well I had really I just finished washing and quick detailing the Bullitt to work up most of the sweat....sunny and 72 today.
Cussing sometimes helps, at least for me it has in the past.:rolleyes: I get all red in the face too!:redface:

If my arguement with the inanimate object continues I can usually be counted on to throw it through the wall! And that generally settles the arguement!:mad:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k...

#11 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
It helps to clean it every now and then. Don't use soap however. I finally replaced mine. It worked ok on dry days but when it was humid it would not roll up all of the way and would twist. The new one is designed differently and works great. I can't believe how easily it pulls out and retracts again.
Which one did you replace it with? I've had problmes with this on and off since I got the car, and I'm about ready to swap em out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.