Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard an interview with Art Hyde saying that there are actually 2 Bullitt Build stickers on the car. One under the hood and another in a location he won't give up. Does anybody know anything about this? Has this topic already been covered? Anyway if anyone finds or has found the other sticker let us in on it! Maybe it's in the interior.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-11-03 01:56 ]</font>

·
Registered
765 Posts
I thought it was fairly common knowledge but yes there are 2 stickers and from what I've read they are not in the same place on every car!! no one will disclose where they are of course but I imagine they have a system set up by VIN or maybe color? as to where they put the 2nd sticker

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The second sticker is on the floor board under the back seat.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The sticker is supposedly hidden on every vehicle and the location was rotated every time so it's unique to the VIN. Only Ford and The Mustang Club of America are supposed to have the list. Or so I read. They're having a horrible problem with easily counterfeitable '99 35th edition Mustangs. This is an attempt to avert the problem with these cars.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2001-10-12 13:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
396 Posts
Where do you guys get this stuff???
It is in only one place. Remove the back seat, pull the carpet forward toward the front bucket seat and look on the floor board tunnel. you new guys should read some old posts for lots on good information. We confirmed this months ago.

·
Registered
396 Posts
No rudeness here for you new Bullitt owners. Just emphisizing the need for new bullittheads to try and read some old posts for lots of important information that we found answers to. this way there would be no need to rehash old problems. It is very interesting information about the cars and about the older members here!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sometimes its easier to ask, thats whats so great about the internet. Like the man said you don't have to reply

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My Bullitt #2276 has the sticker on the front of the drivers side shock tower. There is nothing under the rear seat, carpet, etc... At least I can not find it. An earlier post states that the location is hidden and I must agree that I read the same info on another web site. So right now I have found 1 of the 2 sticker locations, but can not find the second.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't get it. They try to keep counterfeit cars out of the works, but they hide the second sticker and don't tell anyone where it is? Well how the hell are we supposed to tell if it's counterfeit then?

Imagine this scenario: you want to buy a used bullitt, so you go and check every added trim piece. everything looks good. the sticker on the shock tower looks genuine. so you buy it. then you have some schmuck from ford tell you "oops, sorry, your hidden sticker isn't there. you don't really have a bullitt." so what's the point of even having the 2nd sticker if normal schmoes like us can't use them to check authenticity?

If they really wanted to ensure authenticity and collectibility, they would simply release a list of all VIN numbers that are Bullitts. But then you'd have some privacy concerns I suppose. So better yet, set up some basic online database where you can type in the VIN and have it tell you whether or not it's a bullitt. Or even just have some internal Ford document would be fine where you can call up some ford guy to ask him, and publish the number in the manual. i don't know. but it seems like there are a lot better solutions than a useless hidden 2nd sticker.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I agree.....I can't figure out why a simple COA can't be issued to each owner....it simply would NOT cost that much.

:smile:

·
Registered
96 Posts
How does the VIN tell you if it's a Bullitt? I was told that the VIN has no indicator on it.

There are other Bullitt tags on the car, a good example is the metal Bullitt tag on the radiator. I believe pictures of this have been posted on this site.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts