Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to work I stopped at a light where a middle aged biker was stopped.

He said "Nice car, man. Is that a tribute to Steve Mc Queen?"

I resonnded " No , It's a tribute to the car that he drove in the movie"

He said "SWEEEEET" and drove off.

A few minutes later I pass an'08 HG Bullitt, toot the horn and wave.

He checks out my '01, speeds up , passes me and does nada- like a I'm driving a Toyota or something.

Obviously, not an IMBOC member.

I was remindeed that there were / are plenty of Bullitt owners who just bought the car because it was different and could care less about the whole Bullitt scene.

·
Car Whisperer
21,138 Posts
true, some I have met could care less about the whole nostalgia aspect. too bad, they are missing out on the IMBOC family!!!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Hi Guys,
YYYYYUP! I have had a few similar experiences and have had to face the reality that some Bullitt owners just aren't car guys.

Hard to believe, I know, but it is true.

BUTTTT! Most experiences are like our times together at Nats. Our cars and our interests begin new friendships and lead to good times.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Well it is there loss. I see one over in Apopka but I am usually in my work truck so I haven't been able to catch them, plus don't want to act like a stalker or anything like that. :dhg01:

·
Registered
29,354 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:

He checks out my '01, speeds up , passes me and does nada- like a I'm driving a Toyota or something.

I was reminded that there were / are plenty of Bullitt owners who just bought the car because it was different and could care less about the whole Bullitt scene.
Matt,

That is true that there are owners of Bullitt Mustangs that Honestly have No-Clue about what
the Bullitt Mustang is or why it was even made.

But then there are All of Us that do know and Appreciate it for Exactly what it is and what it Represents.

tigerhonaker

·
Registered
421 Posts
I pass an older gentleman driving his newer Bullitt all the time, I give him the head nod and carry on with my business. Sometimes he acknowledges me, sometimes he doesn't. Then again he probably thinks I'm some punk kid that mommy and daddy bought a Mustang for haha.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Hey Ed,

If you're referring to a DHG 01' in Apopka it's probably me. I don't think I've seen any others around town. I work and live near nearby and I'm always out driving it around. It's my DD so I'm in it 5-7 days a week. If you catch up with me, no worries, I won't think you're a stalker...just don't take any photos of me and keep them privately :lol: We'll have to meet up some time at a local cruise or something.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:

I was remindeed that there were / are plenty of Bullitt owners who just bought the car because it was different and could care less about the whole Bullitt scene.
tragic :( ....that would of really gotten under my skin

·
Registered
2019 Ford Bullitt
20 Posts

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts