Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am the VERY happy owner of Bullitt 1402 (black) since last Friday. I have two questions that I was wondering about and I bet you folks know the answers...
1) Does the car have a rev limiter?
2) At the very back of the car, on the underside between the mufflers, is a box-like affair that hangs down 2-3 inches and is covered with a metal shield. Any idea what this is?

Thanks,
mogul2us

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hitch, I'm not sure of this but I think if you try and rev past redline of 6500 the engine automatically shuts down. Can't help you with #2. Sorry, guess I can't help you too much. :)

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
REV Limiter.................. YES !!!!!!!!!!!!

mogul2us said:
Hi All,

I am the VERY happy owner of Bullitt 1402 (black) since last Friday. I have two questions that I was wondering about and I bet you folks know the answers...
1) Does the car have a rev limiter?
2) At the very back of the car, on the underside between the mufflers, is a box-like affair that hangs down 2-3 inches and is covered with a metal shield. Any idea what this is?

Thanks,
mogul2us

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.
Hi Hitch,

YES to the Rev-Limiter (Question)

As far as under the car by the Mufflers, No-Can-Reply....... :frown: :frown: :frown:

Have not seen it up in the air on a Lift Left. :neutral: :neutral: :neutral:

Welcome to IMBOC:

Terry

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Oooo yeah, a great big HARD rev limiter...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
If you ever get one on a lift and see how close the driveshaft comes to the section of the tank that connects the two saddles you will really be surprised:eek:

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
I bet I know..................

Bullitt 736 said:
I'm guessing he is speaking of the gas tank Terry.

There is definitely a rev limiter. Guess how I know. :lol:
Charles,

Could be (You) know just like me when I took off last week at a Stop with a New Vette beside Me :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Well, I did leave 1st :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL,

Terry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts