Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah, I bought one of the ones on the second auction you have listed, but was NOT really all that happy with it...Yes, it was cool until I saw where it said "Steve McQueen ist Bullitt". Is that supposed to be "IS" instead of "ist"???????? I haven't worn it yet because I think it's a typo......but, it comes from France, so maybe not????

Bubbles

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dona on 2002-01-15 06:42 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bubbles,
We thought it was a typo too but it's spelled that way intentionally. Hope you enjoy your t-shirt!

-Christine-

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
"ist" sounds German if anything?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think Dona needs to step away from ebay.

Dona, slowly put the ebay down and step back! Nice and easy.

I sense you have a compulsion to buy stuff on ebay. Would you buy half of this stuff if you saw it in a store? I stay away from ebay because I know I have a shopping problem. All I need is to be able to buy stuff all day long while I'm working.

Eric

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT00208 on 2002-01-15 11:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hey Christine, thanks! What exactly does "ist" mean?? French I guess??

Eric - I love shopping on eBay, I don't overspend, I can handle it...heehee. Usually if I need a new pair of jeans or hubby needs work jeans or something, I look there first for it, and usually get it way below half price so YES, it is stuff I'd normally go and spend a lot of money on. Now, the other "stuff" I get that is not something we need like work jeans, is low dollar stuff, I don't spend bookoo bucks on things. I love to read True Crime and I can get a pack of 5 books for $8 or $10...they cost $7 EACH in the bookstores! I DID overspend ONE time, but I wanted the item so badly, I didn't care how much it cost me. It was a child-hood toy that my siblings and I used until it literally fell apart. It was a Tootsweet Machine, after the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang movie, you could make tootsie roll whistles. I never thought I'd ever find another of those, but I did, on eBay and it was MINT, never played with and I bought it with birthday money...it was $350! The original 1968 price tag was on it....$7.99! Also, get this, it came with the ORIGINAL bag of flavoured tootsie rolls...sealed...yep, from 1968...I won't open it, it's a collector's item for sure!
But, other than shopping for b-day gifts or Xmas and things we need, I just buy low dollar stuff, really. :grin: Honest!!

:grin: :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts