Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting- drove two different bullitts at two different dealerships. Dealership one- great car but clutch vibration at termination of engagement and weird engine noise (like marbles rattling under hood). I just arseumed these were "normal." I would have bought the car but I wanted one in black. I go to another dealer who has a black one and test drove it- smooth as silk clutch and tranny and no "weird" noise. I purchased that one. Both had about 4 mi. Was the former just a normal variation or a POS out of the box?

·
Registered
586 Posts
You made the right choice! Mine is smooth as silk. I can't imagine that chatter is the norm. It hasn't been an ongoing topic here. Good luck, welcome, and congrats!

·
Registered
393 Posts
"marbles in a tin can" or a "bacon sizzling" kind of sound quite likely was detonation. Was this while you were out test driving?

and btw, when it comes to ford transmissions/clutches, always pick the one that seems smoother. I had the T45 replaced under warranty in my 98 cobra within 2000 miles on the odometer. I knew something was wrong the day I drove it off the dealer's lot, but was too stupid not to listen to myself. It just felt funny in 4th gear and progressively got worse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I first got mine, I had the marble sound, but it went away on its own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts