Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the worlds worst at typing. One finger and slow.
Should have taken typing in high school. I bet there
are other one finger typers out there. Fess up if you are.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Funny, I think the most practical and useful class I ever took in high school was typing. I was big into programming and thought it would be a good idea to know how to type. Who would have thought the computer would have been so needed in the future. I'm no speed typist by any means, but I can talk with my fingers as easily as with my mouth. Perhaps that was the goal of the teacher afterall!!!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I took typing class because the teacher was really good looking. Never knew "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog." would be so valuable.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I took typing in summer school between my freshman and soph. years in high school. (1959)

60 words per minute with no errors for a ten minute timed --- on a manual typewriter

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
We used the sentence, "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country." I could type in high school on an electric typewriter 72 wpm. Took shorthand at 120 wpm. I type with all 8 fingers and still type fast but make more mistakes. :rolleyes: No brag, just fact. :D

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I took typing in high school. I thought that I would need it for college, so into the class I went. I never got up to 60 or 72 wpm. But I have become more proficient with time and the requiremnt that I interface with computers on my job. Heck, I even know what the shift key is for and how to use it. I am all too familiar with the back space and typeover of errors.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I took typing,but did it help me,nope!!!LOL,one "speed" finger typer here. :wink: Sometimes two.LOL!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
We used the sentence, "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country."
I had completely forgotten about that.

I took typing in 9th grade. My Dad was the one that urged me to take it. I was a little uneasy about it, but it turned out to be one of the most useful classes in high school. Plus the girl to guy ratio was about 4:1.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
What state can only be typed with the left hand?
What state can only be typed with the right hand?

using the typical touch-type method of course.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I can type pretty decent. The keyboard on my parents computer makes it almost impossible to type well with more than two fingers. it is very stiff and stubborn.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I took typing in H.S., but didn't use skill so lost It before PC's lol. One finger gets me by (slowly). I also can't spell worth crap, need spell check a lot, Oh Well! I don't get paid to be good at it. Yes I remember, Now is the time ---- practice.
Ron

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I never took typing and am a computer programmer. I can type plenty fast enough for what I need to do. I would say I'm in the 50-60 wpm range. I don't type the way I am supposed to though. I use 3 fingers on each hand and never use my pinkys for anything.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Went to a Catholic H.S. Took typing for 4 years, and as it turns out, I needed this skill. Been in computers for 30 years!

WPM: 90+

1 - 17 of 17 Posts