Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading here and other sites, I'm about 90% of the way to ordering Steeda UDP set up. A few questions to double check:
1- Should I replace any belts if not showing wear?
2- Should I replace any belts to go with a diff length? (comment on here in another thread: "Most people usually skip out on the shorter belt but you should replace your belt with a 061000 belt for proper fitment"
3- Add in a Meziere electric water pump? (only a single mention here and over on FakeBook. But, read some praises on another site)

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I just replaced the UDP on my current Bullitt. Frankly, I'm not sure it's worth the cost of the pullies or the professional install. I did this mod on my last Bullitt too, but I also did some other supporting mods simultaneously and think I may have convinced myself it was a worthy power mod upgrade.

W/my current Bullitt, it was the only power mod I did at that time and yeah, there's a tad more push out of it and no downsides that I can tell but was it worth the $800 for 5-10 HP? I dunno. That's not a good value ratio really. Of course, YMMV.

I did not replace the belt either- no need to unless it's showing wear & tear. Mine had less than 25k on it so no need.
Lee

·
Administrator
5,020 Posts
Using UDPs can gain you some HP, but I've seen more than one owner go to supercharging later, and the UDP cost was wasted.

I'm not a fan of the Meziere electric water pump. You're actually removing net power from the engine. The Meziere electric water pump runs on electricity produced from the alternator, so you're adding losses due to the energy conversion inefficiency of the alternator and also in the motor of the water pump.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Using UDPs can gain you some HP, but I've seen more than one owner go to supercharging later, and the UDP cost was wasted.

I'm not a fan of the Meziere electric water pump. You're actually removing net power from the engine. The Meziere electric water pump runs on electricity produced from the alternator, so you're adding losses due to the energy conversion inefficiency of the alternator and also in the motor of the water pump.
No SC in this Bullitthead's future...Thanks for the feedback on Meziere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts