Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had dyno'ed my 07 Mustang GT before and after my Roush UDP, 5 hp and 7 tq with a power curve shift, Awesome results for @$280 can't wait tell I get the money for my 08 Bullitt

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'd do some research before replacing the stocker.The balancer on our cars have a supposed different calibration/balancer to allow 6500 redline.Maybe the balancer we have is slightly smaller?Anyone know?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Our balancer is different from a stock GT. I wouldn't change it outright without being positive there is a difference in what comes with the UDP set, and that where would in fact be an advantage.
The other pulley's in the UDP kit might be worth changing out, not sure.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Posted this on May 24th regarding Steeda UDP:

Stock crank pulley 7" plus belt width
Steeda 5 1/4" plus belt width (approx.) WP turns per rev. 1.4

Stock Water pump pulley 5"
Steeda 6 1/4" (approx) WP turns per rev. 1.2

Other accessories turn at approx. 75% of stock speed per revolution.

I would suppose a higher redline is mostly dependent upon the valve train in this case. I do not think they would change any of these components and assume they simply changed the rev limiter in the tune. There should easily be 4% more in the standard components.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
glennster5.0 said:
I'd do some research before replacing the stocker.The balancer on our cars have a supposed different calibration/balancer to allow 6500 redline.Maybe the balancer we have is slightly smaller?Anyone know?
Glenn,

Don't have the Specs on the Balancer on the 2008 Bullitt but it is (Different) as You say and Allowed the Bullitt to have an Increase of (250 RPM) to 6,500 Red-Line.

I would personally NOT CHANGE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

But hey that is just me, thats another owner choice as always.

Terry

·
Registered
110 Posts
A few horsepower for 3 bills and possible harmonics causing engine damage early in its life span is not for me.Several write-ups and interviews were specific on stating the balancer was different allowing the 6500 redline,not the tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.