Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an interesting time on a road trip. Tach/speedo would drop to 0, or bounce peg to peg as if possessed by a UFO (lots of 'em in georgia ya know). Engine would suddenly die, only to charge back seconds later (lots of fun with 18 wheelers behind ya), or theft light would flash intermittently. Later, the car would die everytime in reverse (don't go there, have always driven a manual). Anyway, dealer said couldn't replicate, but did inspect every ground wire...so far, no repeat, UFO's off to New Mexico or Ford performed an exorcism I guess.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Electrical gremlins are the hardest of any problem to diagnose. I hope this was a one time occurence. Tis will be the most frustrating thing you have ever experienced with a car if it continues.

Eric

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,029 Posts
Ya know, hubby said that he moved that wire or taped it or something. I took Bullette out for some MAJOR shopping while the cat is away and put her in reverse out of the parking spot and she died. I didn't think anything of it as I have killed it before in reverse. Well, this time she wouldn't start back up. I even tried putting it in neutral. The 4th time I turned the key she started! Whew! I am going out to the garage and see if it is that blasted wire thing again!

Vicki

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Rerouted the wire back in 2001...or was it 2002?

Anyway, good to go!

Thanks for the heads up, Kurt!

:clap:

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
BULLITT3230 said:
...as if possessed by a UFO...
UFOs play in rock bands!

It's awesome!

Don't click on the pic below to play the vid!

:py1:

·
Administrator
4,957 Posts
wow.

just wow.

the drummer was just Amazing !!

(never tell me NOT to do something..):badgrin:

Human nature-
Put up a High Voltage sign, and folks will leave it alone.
Put up a Wet Paint sign, and Everyone has to check it out for themselves.

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cochese said:
UFOs play in rock bands!

It's awesome!

Don't click on the pic below to play the vid!

:py1:

LMAO!!!

And just how long did it take you to learn that???

Oh ya...and I didn't hear any bass drum in there..... ;)

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
37,510 Posts
BULLITT3230 said:
Had an interesting time on a road trip. Tach/speedo would drop to 0, or bounce peg to peg as if possessed by a UFO (lots of 'em in georgia ya know). Engine would suddenly die, only to charge back seconds later (lots of fun with 18 wheelers behind ya), or theft light would flash intermittently. Later, the car would die everytime in reverse (don't go there, have always driven a manual). Anyway, dealer said couldn't replicate, but did inspect every ground wire...so far, no repeat, UFO's off to New Mexico or Ford performed an exorcism I guess.
Have you noticed any strange lumps under your skin anywhere, Kurt? How about loss of time? You need to call George Noory right away and get to the bottom of that. :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
StvMcQueen said:
Have you noticed any strange lumps under your skin anywhere, Kurt? How about loss of time? You need to call George Noory right away and get to the bottom of that. :lol:
C'Mon Jim....the reason I have no lumps is....

because I AM an alien!!! :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts