Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Uh? What happened?

481 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  shane 
#1 ·
I put the original H pipe back on the Bullitt and took out the MIL eliminators. Now it dies when I stop, the speedometer doesn't work, the odometer shows green dashes and the check engine light is on. I obviously screwed something up. Maybe reset the computer?

#3 ·
I don't think so but I didn't drive it until today so I haven't crawled under it, but maybe. I just can't explain the rest. Maybe the IAC got gummed up today on the way to work. It just seems a little weird it all happened at once unless I really messed up.

#6 ·
It always seems that way Dan. Do something simple and other problems crop up. Why are you reinstalling the H? Something else on 4 wheels catch your eye? :wink:

#7 ·
The Bullitt stays. No way it gets traded. I was taking it in to get the door skin replaced from my little run with a trailer at Tulsa. I was going to get them to straighten the cat back from MOllys rear end hit and run last spring. They would not touch it with illegal exhaust under the new EPA or whoever rules. I got it to the shop anyway. Nichols Ford body shop in Fort Worth. They do an excellent job. After I get it home I'll put it back up on the lift and see what I did. I hadn't even though of the speed cal. I just don't understand why it is dying all of a sudden.

#8 ·
wildman said:
The Bullitt stays. No way it gets traded. I was taking it in to get the door skin replaced from my little run with a trailer at Tulsa. I was going to get them to straighten the cat back from MOllys rear end hit and run last spring. They would not touch it with illegal exhaust under the new EPA or whoever rules. I got it to the shop anyway. Nichols Ford body shop in Fort Worth. They do an excellent job. After I get it home I'll put it back up on the lift and see what I did. I hadn't even though of the speed cal. I just don't understand why it is dying all of a sudden.
It is because of the speedcal, trust me. It probably only dies when coming to a stop after the odometer turns to green dashes, right? It is because the speed sensor is out (or not getting a signal).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.