Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the weekend at the UK SVT Thunder & Lightning Meet held at Santa Pod Raceway, took the Bullitt and the Lightning. Great day Friday, weather ruined it a bit on Saturday but it came good on the Sunday,
We had friends attend from Germany & Switzerland and overall it was a great success, no other Bullitt’s but some other very nice Mustangs including Saleen’s Roush’s & Cobra’s
Took the Bullitt down the strip for the very first time, best out of 3 runs, needless to say they were extremely embarrassing times, don’t think I’ll do it again but if I do I’ll need to take all the beer and suitcases out of the boot first. To make up for it though I won best car in the Show & Shine, although shine is an understatement due to rain and was presented with a very nice trophy (my first ever)
Here are a couple of pics’

This is me up against the wife in her Lightning, although I got the better start I lost, twice (nothing new there then!!)

Saleen vs Vanquish, If anyone wants to take a guess at who won this race I will post the picture from the finish line later

My trophy

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
uk1815 said:
Saleen vs Vanquish, If anyone wants to take a guess at who won this race I will post the picture from the finish line later
I'll guess the Vanquish won that one.

By the way, nice going on winning the Show and Shine, Bob!

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
Adrian, Well done on the trophy dude and sorry I could not make it.
Good job I didnt really cos they would have fallen in love with my Blue Bullitt.............

Nice job on the stripes on the Lightning.

·
Premium Member
6,218 Posts
My guess on the saleen vs. vanquish depends on what stage that Roush is. If it's a stage 3 with other mods, then I have to guess the 'stang.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MustangMarkus said:
My guess on the saleen vs. vanquish depends on what stage that Roush is. If it's a stage 3 with other mods, then I have to guess the 'stang.
Good guess Markus, you were right
The guy in the Aston blamed it on not being used to the paddle gearbox, however he wouldn't race again!!

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
uk1815 said:
Good guess Markus, you were right
The guy in the Aston blamed it on not being used to the paddle gearbox, however he wouldn't race again!!
The clock shows a 13.791 time. So that isn't a Stage 3 Rousch. Maybe a stage 1. Texas Bullitt did 13.89 in a 07 Shelby GT with an auto...

Must be the Aston driver couldn't find the gas pedal?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice going Adrian, sounded like you had fun.

Rick

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kaylan1521 said:
Well done Adrian. I see you got the stripes on the Lightning. Looks great. Congrats on the trophy and the offer still stands if you make it this way later this year.

Paul
Thanks Paul, She was very pleased in the way the stripes turned out.
Not 100% sure on the trip yet, It'll only be for a week to attend a wedding in early October but if I do make it I will certainly call you, I've kept your number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts