Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I finally do get another Bullitt I want to do a N/A engine build. As well as a driveline upgrade

The goal is to keep the stock look but have the most power (hence the reason for N/A and NOT boost)

Thinking of..
ENGINE:
5.0 Stroker Alluminum Block
Stage3 ported heads
Custom Grind Cams
Ported Intake Manifold

DRIVELINE:
Alluminum Drive Shaft
31 spline axles
Posi Differential
Gears

What am I missing that would help? Not looking for any specific hp goal...just to get as much as I can for a Daily Driver Stock looking Engine.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You might want to go ahead and get the new 5.0 Mod motor, and get a stroker crank to make it a 5.4 liter and still keep the 4.6 deck height. you can probably do better with Stg 2 heads and cams unless you are going to use a power adder, especialy if this is going to be the daily driver. Also a billet/forged flywheel along with the appropriate forged internals.A good tune along with upgradeing your ignition and fule systems and you should be at about 350 or 400hp. Is this going to be a 2V or 4V engine? good luck

·
Registered
591 Posts
Probably want to do longtubes or midlengths, though that would take away your stock look from the outside. Also, a bigger twin-blade throttle body, or the single blade unit. And if you really want to go all-out, then get a carbon-fiber drive shaft and a 6-spd T56 trans.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice...

1fstbullitt:
This will be a 2v motor. I will look into what you said about the Motor. SO let me understand what you are saying. A 5.0 Mod block is the same block as a 4.6 just bored? The Stroker crank is going to make it a 5.4L? Who do you recommend going with for the engine build (Block heads cams etc.)

stang4.6:
Headers would go against the theme for the car!("Look" stock) Then again so would the 18" Anthracite rims! haha
And I'm not going to spend the cash to change the tranny....if I was I'd do the IRS rear too!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. I'm curious as to what you would lay down with an all out N/A setup. You can still make a sleeper out of a blown Bullitt. I went with Vortech's SQ-Trim and at idle you could kind of hear it, but going down the road with aftermarket exhaust you couldn't hear the blower. Guages can be hidden with the instrument cluster dual gauge pod and steering column pod. The guy sitting next you at a red light will never see the gauges or know what hit him until it's too late. Not trying to sway you to build something different. I'm just saying you can make a sleeper with a SCed Bullitt. I think your route of going N/A will be very interesting. Good luck with finding another Bullitt and post your progress as you build your N/A beast.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Livernois just tested a 435hp NA 2v. I can't see that costing anything but an arm and a leg.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Graves said:
Livernois just tested a 435hp NA 2v. I can't see that costing anything but an arm and a leg.
I just have to mention it... A crate 450 HP, all aluminum, carbed LS-2, for $5000 bucks!! That rating is with the stock weeny cam,and it only needs 1 cam!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts