Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering.....is anybody else here going to have their Bullitt as a daily driver and actually be driving it in the snow, sleet, rain, etc?

Reason I ask is because once my 2nd car is sold, my Bullitt IS my daily driver, regardless of the weather....I'm nervous, afraid and worried about this. I won't even take it out in a light sprinkle right now....only because I still have my 1996 Avenger and I cand and DO use it...but that is for sale and hopefully it will sell soon...then I have the Bullitt only. I don't work, so it's not like I HAVE to leave the house any, but I want to and like to go places. Hubby works nights, and I keep the same schedule and do the grocery shopping etc., in the wee morning hours. But, winter time here in MO can dump a lot of crap on us, heavy snows, sleet, you name it...I don't want to be confined to the house all winter because I don't want to take my baby out in that stuff.

What about anybody else? Anyone in the same boat?

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Daily driver #388 here. Winter is coming and regardless of the snow sleet or whatever mother nature throws our way I will be driving the Bullitt 22.2 miles to work.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, what are Arizona winters like? Just curious....

Also, what are you using in way of protection on the paint, like any special waxes, etc?

I'm going to be a freak about keeping this car in the best shape, inside and out, and I'm new to this so I need ideas.....

Thanks!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Daily here, Northeast Ohio. I'm not worried at all. been driving in the snow for 32 years. Here's a tip. Take off from a stop in second gear when its slippery. Trust your TC, and just take it easy and use your head. You'll survive. If you have the money, get a set of Blizzak snowtires on all 4. I GUARANTEE you'll move in the snow then. The best snowtires on the planet. But maybe $135 each in 17"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Summers in Az are not bad at all. Low 60's high 50's for highs. But I'm in Tucson. My Bullitt is also a daily driver. I cann't help it, I need to drive it! I'm also interested in what kind of wax to use. I'm just like you Dona. I want this car to stay perfect. :smile:

·
Registered
65 Posts
#3545 is also a daily driver. I will be driving back and forth from pa to ri occasionaly. I am not excessively concerned about the upcoming winter but have been thinking about putting on some blizzaks. What do u guys think of keeping the stock tires up front and putting a set of blizzaks out back. Anyone think I would be better off having all 4. let me know

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not so much concerned about the perfomance of the car, I am an excellent driver (in bad weather). But, I will mention the tires to hubby!

It's the snow and mush and slush and road salt, etc., etc., that goes along with winter weather. I want this car to stay PRISTINE!! I know the road salt is awful for the underside and paint, etc. but I don't plan to let ANY of it set on the car for long. Hmmmm, brings up another dilema...how the heck to wash in the sub zero temps of winter time!?!?!?!?

:smile:

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I feel sorry for those of you who have to drive your valuable cars on salted roads. I purchased a mustang once that was fully undercoated from PA and only driven two winters before it was sold and there was rust on everything under the car that was not covered by the tar like coating.

·
Banned
975 Posts
I will park "MB 4875 " for the winter. I have drove I-70 and hiway "K" in the winter. I built the Home Depot down the street from your house. Go Luck and be careful. If you can have your husband run a water line to the garage. I ran both hot and cold from the softner to the third bay of the gagage. I already had a drain installed when I built the house.

·
Registered
70 Posts
02392's a daily driver, so is the Cobra. We only have rain and the typical South Florida drivers to contend with! I used to be a nervous wreck driving the Cobra daily, but I'm getting better - now I'm a wreck when I drive the Bullitt!

·
Registered
50 Posts
currently having to drive #4761 in rain but plan on garaging for the snow my have to chang plans though. I would really like to hold the miles down :grin:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yup, I'm in the same boat as you Dona. #4851 is my daily driver and I think it'll be alright. I had a '94 Impala SS that was a daily driver 2 years ago when that HUGE blizzard hit the Northeast (I'm in NJ). The car handled fine with the stock tires (worn out BFG Comp T/A's) and awesome with the Blizzak MZ-02s I bought for it. And with the TC in the Mustang (and possibly a set of Blizzaks), I think it'll be just fine too.

We'll have start this thread again after the winter to see how everybody made out. :smile:

·
Registered
340 Posts
1574 is a daily driver plus it stays out side at work and at home. I live in apt but I do have a car port for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
#3272 is also a daily driver, when I'm not on my motorcycle anyway. I make sure to keep a coat of wax on the car and basically keep it as clean as possible year round. Make sure to wash and wipe down everything. Granted, winters in VA aren't too tough (after living in Michigan my whole life) but if you're going to be driving it everyday, just make sure to keep it clean. My last car was a Pontiac Grand Am which was 8 years old when I sold it and it didn't have a speck of rust on it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
#1785 is a daily driver, 35 miles one way to work, along with other driving, should be putting 20,000 to 25,000 miles a year on her. I wash and clean 1785 at least once a week. I figured if I took good car of her, she would take good care of me.
Here is the post on a discussion about washing and waxing the BULLITT. It seems the best wax was Zaino (available only over the internet), with Zymol (available at Walmart) in second. I just waxed mine with Zymol this last weekend, and it's looks spectacular. Awesome shine and sleek feel.
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=1758&forum=1

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Not driving Bullette in the snow or ice but here in Washington, they don't use salt anymore. Just a gravel solution.

Vicki
DHG#344

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Hi Dona,
Summer is pretty brutal and shifting takes on new meaning to the term quick shift, when the car has been baking outside and it can get up to 125. God only knows what it is inside at that time. And hey I have seen it snow here in Phoenix, course it only lasts about 10 minutes before it all melts. Not much you can do except cover it or get it out of the sun. I started using Zaino wax products from day one and the stuff is unbeliveable.
http://zainobros.com/
If anyone switched from Zaino I would like to hear what they went to.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is my daily driver as well - matter of fact its the first new car I have ever bought. Needed a daily driver and decided it would be worth it to pay more for something fun to drive. Summer will be worse then winter here in Fl though

·
Registered
448 Posts
Daily here, and drive over 100 miles a day. Winters are mild here in Atlanta, and we only get a few days of snow usually, so I don't foresee any problems. I have a carport at home, and a parking deck at work, so it is pretty well protected. Besides, I love driving this car too much to park it. :smile:

:bullitt:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts