Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this earlier but in four days no answer, so same question with new twist: Will any 18" wheels require spacers to clear the front brakes? I'm thinking of puting AR 18"X10"s on back and 18"X8" in front. It would seem the back would require a new offset but the front should be fine? Also I want to go with drag radials. Just how bad are they if I was to get caught in the rain with them this is my summer "daily driver?" What if I went with the AR 17" torque II wheels? 11"s in back and 9 1/2"s in front. I know they advertise that they're availiable with custom offsets.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I would think the 18" wheels would be fine on the front if you use the same offset as stock.

Nitto and BF Goodrich do not make a drag radial for an 18" wheel. You will have to use a 17" wheel. A smaller diameter rear wheel is better for drag racing as you can use a tire with a taller sidewall. I don't know if a 16" wheel will clear the rear brakes, but I am pretty sure that a 16" wheel will not clear the front brakes. I would go with 17" wheels if you want to drag race, and 18" wheels for show or if you are going to put monster brakes on the car.

Thats the extent of my knowledge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts