Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
Don't recommend them. Can cause oil pump damage if the damper pulley is not balanced right. Also possibility of over heating, stiff PS, and undercharging. Not worth it for a few HP. IMHO

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have BBK UDP's put in, in 2010, I got 8 HP to the wheels never an issue so far, had this done when I got the HR Cams. Car now has 127,000km no issues still, finally parking it during winter. Replaced the stock battery after 6 yrs. Just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
2,662 Posts
The Steeda underdrive is SFI approved and the damper pulley is a replacement of the OE. Some other types that piggy back on the original pulley are not as good.

·
Car Whisperer
20,722 Posts
yep, steeda udp on my snake....good!!!!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Steeda crank and WP pulleys on my 08. Not a dramatic feeling by the seat of the pants dyno, but they do seem to give you a little more top-end, where the parasitic losses were previously at their worst. No dyno testing to prove anything, just musings.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Don't recommend them. Can cause oil pump damage if the damper pulley is not balanced right. Also possibility of over heating, stiff PS, and undercharging. Not worth it for a few HP. IMHO
Thanks,was on the fence with this, you just saved me the Murphy’s law snakebite.😁

·
Administrator
4,943 Posts
A couple guys used them for a while, but then had to take them back off when they installed superchargers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts