Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Understated Horsepower

659 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  1248bullitt 
#1 ·
In the 2-11-02 Autoweek there's an article about the new Cobra. "John Coletti, chief engineer at Ford SVT, says output could exceed those numbers (390HP and 390 torque) by the time the car reaches showrooms in early summer. But for now, SVT would rather under-promise and over-deliver than risk a repeat of the infamous horsepower gaffe of 1999, in which Ford stopped selling the car until it could boost output to advertised levels." I'm sure this applied to our cars when they posted 265 HP. I believe our Bullitt's are closer to 285.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: barry bullitt on 2002-02-07 14:00 ]</font>

#4 ·
Yeah 275 is about right,depending on what percentage of power lost factor,you use. The only way to know is to put one on a engine dyno,and test to Fords specs. I think that the Bullitt intake is a bit under used,or flows better than the heads allow,on the stock Bullitt engine.....If we only had some more cubes!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.