Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, I noticed that #2371 (True Blue) doesn't have the side scoops that a Bullitt is supposed to have come with. My Bullitt has the larger fake side scoops, just like the 2002 GTs have. On Sat., I noticed a group of people and their cars in a parking lot, that included another Bullitt (#12??), so I stopped by to take a look and chat with its owner, Mike. Besides all the pictures on the internet and an occaisional quick glimpse of a Bullitt or two on the road, I hadn't seen another Bullitt close-up. I quickly noticed, that my side scoops were very different. Actually, I like the look of the bigger scoops, and they match the large fake hood scoop to. Mike agreed, that they looked really good on the Bullitt. I re-checked the sticker that came with #2371 and it only mentions "unigue side scoops", which they are for a 2001 model. Other than the side scoops, all the other real Bullitt features seem to be present. I've read a lot of Bullitt articles in the past, some with comments like "we eliminated the fake side scoops", which always had me a little puzzled. And, I couldn't tell from pictures on the internet, which don't show many side close-ups. Are there any other Bullitts out there, that came from the factory, like mine, with the 2002 GT scoops?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You didn't happen to buy True Blue from Greenway Ford in Orlando, did you?

When I was Bullitt shopping I noticed one of the blue ones they had had the regular GT side scoops. I pointed this out to my salesperson and he called it a "Friday at 5:eek:o car".

I would make them replace them with the correct ones myself, but I didn't think it looked too bad either.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
If it were my car I'd make Ford replace the side scoops with the proper Bullitt ones (sort of sans-side-scoop-covers)...That's the way the car was meant to be. Otherwise it looks too much like regular GT's out there.
The Bullitt scoops hearken back to the 68 model year for a strong family resemblance to the movie car.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Well, my 2 cents, If it were mine, I would tell them to take them off, and ask for the Bullitt side scoops separate from the car. I don’t really like the Bullitt side scoops. I wish they had left them off. I wish I could see a mustang without any side scoop to see what they look like without them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would get the scoops that were supposed to come on the Bullitt from the dealer (painted of course). If you like the other scoops leave them on, but at least you will have a set of the "originals".

·
Registered
100 Posts
You paid for the unigue side scoops of the Bullitt. Make the dealer get you a pair.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Fastbullitt, the problem with no scoops is you would have to fill the fixturing holes with something. I agree that it would have been nice to have NO scoops. :wink:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. Bullitt_5135, I bought #2371 from Maroone Ford of Margate (So. FL). When I test drove #2371, it had only about 7 miles on the odometer, so it's probably not the same TB you saw in Orlando. I like BULLITT#03396's idea to request the dealer give give me the proper "original scoops", painted. Again, I do like the way the GT scoops look, and I'd rather not have a body shop possiby mess up #2371, while installing the originals. I'll first try to get in contact with some Ford representative to resolve the issue, rather than trying the dealership approach. Thanks again, everyone, for your input. Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts