Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting tired of hearing my throwout bearing chirp so hopefully within the next couple of weeks I will get that changed. While Im in there Im installing a Centerforce DF clutch kit, and since the timing is right having it on a lift Im putting on my ceramic BBK ST headers that arrived yesterday. My question is has anyone had experience with JBA's h-pipe, there is an O/R version listed on ebay for pretty cheap. I just cannot decide between and O/R or catted.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't have experience with JBAs, but I have a Bassani X O/R on mine. Can't say I like the exhaust smell without the cats. I ran it with the stock cat back for a year. I just put on a set of Flowmasters and it seems to be better, but if I had to do it again and could put headers on, I'd stick with the catted version. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
A lot of it will depend on your mufflers. You can expect the same basic sound but about 5 times louder with an O/R pipe. I love it loud, but if you don't you should keep the cats.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have a Magnapack catback and being a med student and driving around the hospital daily, I think I may end up going with the catted then. I also definitely do not want the exhaust smell, had it before with my fox body and always ended up reeking of it. To bad though the hpipe was a JBA SS piece for only about $250. I may go with it and see how I like it for a little bit and if its too bad try and sell it.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
I have BBK LT headers, Dr. Gas O/R X-pipe, and a MagnaPack catback. I love it, but it really is obscenely loud. I have a BBK catted H-pipe in the attic. Maybe I should try it one once to see how it sounds.

I have never really noticed the smell unless I am at a stoplight with the windows down and there is a light breeze coming from behind.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just picked up an MRT catted hpipe off svtperformance forum. So it looks like clutch, BBK headers, and a hpipe will be going on when I can find the time. :clap:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
jp660605 said:
Well I just picked up an MRT catted hpipe off svtperformance forum. So it looks like clutch, BBK headers, and a hpipe will be going on when I can find the time. :clap:
Sweet. Are you just running a stock midpipe right now?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
4fit? said:
Sweet. Are you just running a stock midpipe right now?
Yes I am. I had a xpipe, but didnt like the sound really well so sold it and have been waiting to get a MRT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts