Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not posted much in the last 1.5 years, work and other stuff (I'm getting married in about 2 months) have kept me pretty tied up. And also, #3973 has been out of commission since December 2005. I have missed her, but she is now in the process of being revived, and made stronger than ever!

In December of 2005, I blew a hole in the passager side head right beside the rear most spark plug. The car has a Vortech V-2 SQ and a all forged internals. She never showed hot on the gauges... but I was driving pretty fast for an extended period of time. That was half way between Houston and Dallas, comming home at 11pm. I opened the hood with it still running in a gas station on the side interstate 45 to see a coil blown off its plug and arcing to the firewall. Also, a big chunk of the underhood insulation was burned out and gone. I unpluged the COP and injector on that cylinder and did the only thing I could, limped her home. Yes, I was exceding the speed limit on a public road, so I guess I got what I deserved...

Since then #3973 has set in the garage, getting jealous of her '92 5.0 coupe stable mate that has recieved all the attention. But finally, the tide has turned, and it should be worth the wait. I built the motor the first time, doing my own super charger and gauge install and pulling the motor and installing the forged rods and pistons. She made it about 25K miles on that combo with 385 hp to the rear wheels. Now, with time to do my own work limited (and the marriage pending that might put a damper on this sort of thing) I dropped her off at Houston Performance in Houston, TX to have all the goodies I want installed. The HP guys have done all of my dyno tuning on the Bullitt and the '92 in the past and I have always been very pleased, so I trust them to take care of #3973.

Here's the list of mods to be made:

300 cubic inch stroker kit (all forged and 8.5:1 compression)
ported/polished heads
HP custom grind cams
high lift valve springs
1mm oversized stainless valves w/ bronze guides
new oil pump w/ billet gears
Fidanza aluminum fly wheel
Bassani midlength headers
Canton 7qt road race oil pan
canton windage tray
Paxton air to air intercooler
Blow thru MAF
60 lb. injectors
Custom aluminum fuel tank from Ricks Hot Rod in El Paso
Complete Aeromotive A-1000 fuel system and pump speed controler
New ARP 2000 hardware
and of course a new dyno tune

I plan on doing a new radiator, possibly the Chicane double-pass, when I get her back. And within the next 6 months to a year, a T-trim. Who knows, if it looks like I will be able to make the Texas Shootout, maybe I'll get it done in time for that.

I should have her back in my hands in mid September. Needless to say, I can't wait! It should be a mean ride when she's back on the road.

Hopefully I can make it to more events in the future and be more active on the site. It all depends on work, I do industrial construction and consulting and travel all over the world, so my schedule is hectic to say the least. I'll try to drop by more often in the future!

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
The rebuild sounds awesome. HP installed my suspension. Good group of people to work with.

Hope to meet you at a get together in the future. We had our first one since Greg (Droopy) moved down from Dallas last month. A few of us got together last weekend down at Kemah. I posted up today about a September GTG out in West Houston. We talked about meeting at a car show out that way. Stayed tuned to the Texas section for updates. There is also a regional outing in Shreveport in October. Maybe you can make that one as well.

By the way, who do you work for?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I was looking into the Bayou Bash earlier today. I hope to make it, but it will depend on work; everything is last minute planning for me unfortunately.

Hopefully I can make one of the Kemah, Target meets, I know right where that is and have a place to stay near by.

It would be great to meet some more Houston Bullittheads. I bought mine new when I was in college at A&M, and had more time for meets and shows. I want to get back to doing all of that as much as I can.

I work for Adhesive Services, we do foundation repair and new installations of heavy industrial machinery.

I have always been happy with HP, Steve has been good to deal with and always aken the time to talk to me and more importantly, the time to get things right on my car. I'd be very interested in taking a look at the suspension work they did for you. I have never had them do suspension work and I probably want them to in the future.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Cypress, so NW Houston off of 290.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts